It is a hot, dreary, wet day here in our area. We have been hot and humid most of the week. Looking forward to a couple cooler (80's) days coming up this coming week. I absolutely 100% enjoy each cooler day we get!!! I am trying to be careful what I wish for, because we know cold weather will be here before we know it!
The skeeters are horrible this year. I have been going out in the evening to deadhead and weed the big flower gardens (big weeds). I sweat like I am in a sauna, plus I have to wear long sleeves to keep from getting eaten alive!
The garden is doing well, except the cukes. They are really looking scraggly and not producing a lot. I guess I said I was hoping to not have to can cukes this year (still have a ton of pickles and relish), so again, I need to be careful what I wish for!
- I did use a few of the cold, used tea bags I had saved - to reduce the poison swelling around my eyes. It worked beautifully and even seemed to dry things out. I am now good to go!
- Hung laundry outside
- Used dehumidifier water in the washer
- Planted some cuke seeds last Sunday and the are up about 3" already. Give it another boost of plants!
- Ran to the UPS Store and returned all the old cable equipment. They pack and ship and it costs me nothing. (Will save me $300 to get it turned in!)
- Ollie's is right next door to UPS store - oh my! Well guess what I bought? You betcha - another cookbook! Their books are so stupid cheap! It's another Gooseberry Patch book - my love!
- I went to Wal-Mart pharmacy to get script for G. It was 3 mos. for $0!!!!!
- Stopped at Christian thrift (across from WM). I got a 12 pack of whole wheat hoagie buns, 3 pound cakes and 3 loaves of French bread for FREE!! They just had a big delivery from Sam's and needed to get rid of some of it. I came home and vacuum sealed 4 packs of buns, 2 of the cakes, and froze 2 French bread (triple wrapped in newspaper bags). WOOHOO!
- I also got a lovely Christmas bowl and a cool picture frame for .50 each! They were having Christmas in July sale and everything was .50! The bowl will be filled with homemade goodies and gifted to someone this holiday and the frame will be a gift as well.
- I used the crockpot this week! It has been a while.
- I re-invented leftovers into new meals
- Got out the spiral-izer I bought a while back at thrift and used it! It works fantastic. Made wonderful zoodles! I slightly cooked in butter, garlic powder and parm! YUM
- I picked zukes, a couple cukes, 2 heads of broccoli, bell peppers, jalapenos, and 4 tomatoes. Oh yeah I did!!! We will eat out first tom today - they weren't quite done when I picked! Lots of cherry tomatoes picked.
- Been using rain water from barrels when needed, and it keeps getting replaced with all the rain we are getting!
- Only groceries bought - milk!
Meals this week:
Oven fried zucchini sticks and a salad
Roast, potatoes, carrots, and onion
Leftover roast & juice made into a stroganoff type dish using veggies and served over rice
Cheesy tuna pasta bake and salad
Homemade French bread pizza
Enchiladas made with burritos I had in freezer
Ground beef/ravioli 'spaghetti' sauce served over zoodles
All leftovers used for breakfast or lunches. Also had fruit covered pound cake, fruit, and ice cream sandwiches for snacks.
What did you do frugal this week? How are the gardens doing?
Is anyone canning yet? I may get to start some this week!!!
My thoughts and prayers are with you all for health, happiness and safety.
Stay frugal my friends!!!!!