It seems to have gone by in a flash.
This past week we had perfect weather for the first part of the week. I had the AC off for 4 days. Then the heat and humidity came back and the AC came back on. This morning it is quite nice, and I do have the windows open for a while just to air out the house.
Looks like the next week will be in the 80's every day. I guess that is normal for this time of the year.
We had a gully washer of a rain on Friday, and Saturday it looked like the garden grew tremendously over night!
I did do some work on my long term prep storage this week. I tried to run all my errands together, so as to save gas.
- I did a ton of yard work when the temps were cooler. You name it, I did it!
- I used a .50/gallon discount to fill the Blazer with gas. (Discount mainly thanks to dbl. points and free survey points).
- I ran to Rural King, BB&B, and Fresh Thyme (all in one area). I purchased 96 rolls of TP at a rock bottom price, and I have batteries for the next couple years (dated 2021). I turned in an old carbonator (for soda stream) and got a $10 discount on another. Bought fresh fruit at Fresh Thyme.
- I picked 3 zucchini and 2 cucumbers. Let the harvest begin!!!!!!!
- Cut G's and my hair
- Sorted through our "snack" stash. I keep any chips, fancy crackers, etc. in another room. Out of sight out of mind! I have enough assortment to last till fall. (We don't eat much of that kind of stuff)
- Ran to Kroger to check out clearance. I got 6 jars of honey added peanut butter for .79 jar. (It tastes like Amish peanut butter - only crunchy). 4 packages of ground pork for $1.54 each. (Will be great to make sausage or jerky with). Coconut for .89 bag and 2 large bottles of clear corn syrup for .59 each.
- I did make a BIG spurge. The 'meat truck' came around and I did purchase meat. I got 40 different steaks, Del Monaco, Strip, Fillets, T-bone for about 4.25 per steak. They are all quite nice in size and there is no way I could have bought that cheaply at the store (even if clearance). CRAZY for me, I know!!!!! We can enjoy so many 'special' meals now for a long time!!!!! No reason to buy meat (with both freezers full) for ages!!!!!!!!!!!!
Homemade chicken/veggie fried rice
Leftover rice and chicken strips
Brauts and a side salad
Smothered chopped steak and mashed potatoes
Tuna patties, mac n cheese and side salad
Baked chicken and salad
Mini meatloaves (from freezer), leftover mac and small salad
Finished the fruit crisp, snacked on grapes and watermelon, and had sherbet once
I am so happy that the garden is starting to produce - the extra work of canning will be starting shortly! I still look forward to that first tomato!
There is just something magical about walking out into your yard, and picking fresh food!
OK, here is my plan for July - DARE I SAY IT OUT LOUD? My plan is to not grocery shop! I truly have everything I need here, and there is really no reason to spend money. I can't believe I just told the world - we all know how much I love looking for deals at the grocery! But, that is my GOAL - so we will see how it goes.
Do you have any goals this month?
How did your past week go? Any deals or any super frugal ways to share?
May you all have a healthy and safe week! I hope your gardens are doing well.
Take care my friends.