Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Be Thankful for Everything

We here in the U.S. are getting ourselves ready for Thanksgiving Day.  A day set aside to recognize ALL that we have to be thankful for, and a day celebrating the struggles and thankful lives of our ancestors.
I can not imagine what it was like for the Pilgrims when they came here, a land that was wild, untamed,  and scary. 

I am so thankful for all of our ancestors that came before us.  We are truly who we are and where we are today because of all they endured.  I have some very historic roots in this country, that started on this land way before it was a country.  I thank them all for their sacrifices.

I am so very thankful for all my family and friends, and for all my fur babies.  God has blessed us in so many ways I can not list them all.
We have a roof over our heads, food for our table, heat to keep us warm, decent health. water, electricity and tons of things we take for granted.  YES, we are blessed to have these things, as much of the world does not.
We are blessed with freedom!  True, we gripe about that sometimes (that things are being taken away) - but we still have the freedom to speak of it and write about it.


I am very thankful for YOU, all the friends that I have made around the world.  I just find that the most awesome thing ever.  That we can come together with ideas and thoughts that are so similar, from so many different places.
I do believe that there are no accidents in life - we were all suppose to come together for a reason.  I hope we continue to add to our little circle and grow in new ways.
We may all be from different regions - but we are still all the same.  We ALL want a good life and we want our time and monies to be used wisely and for the greater good.


God bless you all - no matter how near or far you are on this earth.
Thank you for being so kind and thoughtful and for being friends.  Thank you for sharing and being teachers to one another.  You are all PRICELESS GEMS!!!!!!!



*I will be back after the holiday.  However, I will try to respond to any comments.
Thanks!



16 comments:

  1. We do indeed have so many things to be thankful for, I also have you! Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. ENJOY every moment!

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Cheryl! You are among the many friends that I am so thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you too, Cheryl. I count you among my friends that I am thankful for. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda. happy Thanksgiving to you and yours

      Delete
  4. May you also have a Happy Thanksgiving. Luckily, it will be a quiet one here. On this Thanksgiving day, I am thankful for your blog and wonderful advice and lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris we have a few people coming, but not enough to make it a BUSY day!
      I hope you will enjoy your blissfully quiet day!

      Thank you for your kind words. I learn from all of you guys too.

      Delete
  5. Two of the many things I'm thankful for are you and this blog. You kindness, your willingness to share, not only your wonderful recipes but also all the nifty, thrifty ideas you've gathered over the years. It's always a delight to pop in here and see what you're up to. And you're ALWAYS up to something...I wonder sometimes if you ever sleep?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melinda be assured I DO sleep! I keep busy MOST of the time, but I do have my slug weeks as well.
      You are very kind with your words. Thank you.

      I love learning from everyone as well.
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving! Im grateful for the recipes you have shared,the white christmas noodle soup mix is a huge hit with our family,so thanks and have a peaceful happy holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen. Oh I am glad to hear feedback on the soup mix. My family loves it as well.
      You are welcome and thank you for your sweet words.

      Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Cheryl. It's always so nice to come here and read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you Vickie. Yes our day was lovely. Hope yours was great as well.

    ReplyDelete