Those in a different hemisphere are too hot! Stay cool.
It is amazing that there are so many climates going on at the same time.
We woke to snow 3 days this week, but never more than an inch. I swept and moved snow each time, as I kind of fanatical about the drive and walks being clear! We had a taste of spring for a day or so, and back to winter.
This morning we woke to a thin later of ice on everything. It is slick out there. I went out to feed the kitties and the brick walkway and the wooden deck were crazy slick! Even the kitties were fishtailing a bit!
We will be back in the 40's and 50's in a couple days, for another brief warm-up this week. I am glad we are having these short warm periods - it puts us a few days closer to Spring weather - and knocks off a few more cold days!
It has been a real quiet week here.
My frugal week:
- Had some very stale cereal that we really didn't like - so the birds and squirrels got a treat (everything has a use!)
- Made bread crumbs from some stale bread
- Made G a batch of steel cut oats with fruit and nuts added (from the freezer)
- Got some free exercise moving snow this week
- I made a batch of bean salad (my own concoction). It turned out quite yummy - especially the dressing part
This is a great substitute for green salad, when you have just a few fresh items on hand.
- Worked on my mending and sewing - didn't get it all done (will work on it again this week)
- Ran out only one day, thus saving gas.
- Went to Dollar Tree - hadn't been in ages. 2 - 32 oz. bottles of peroxide for $1 each (I use instead of bleach). 4 - cans of asparagus - $1 each - for stock.
- Went to the library on the way home (hadn't been there in ages either). Got a couple books.
- Meals and drinks from home and just doing all the normal stuff
Meals this past week:
BBQ wings, pizza rolls and veggies and dip
Cold cut sandwiches and bean salad
Meat loaf, green beans w/potatoes and salad
Leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy and bean salad
Beans & rice with smoked sausage and salad
Beef/hominy skillet fry and side salad
See, I told you it was quiet around here!
What have you been up to? What ways did you save this week?
"Help us, O God, to be content with what we have. Instead of accumulating more stuff, help us to live more simply".
Daily prayer from the paper.
I pray you all have a safe, healthy and frugal week. MAKE your week a great one!
Blessings from our humble home to yours.