We are actually seeing some blue in the sky and a little sunshine this morning!!! Both have been missing all week. Rain, rain, and more rain was our week. It rained every single day.
We have a lake in the back yard - which is starting to recede some this morning.
I am so thankful that the lake is in the yard and not in our home, as it is for so many. I am also thankful that the precipitation was rain and NOT snow. We would be waste high in that stuff. So dreary days can be something to be thankful for - so many were not as fortunate as us.
Prayers for all of those in the path of extreme weather and flooding.
Our daylight hours have increased so much this month - I love that. It won't be long and spring will be here. Hang in there everyone!
Click on pictures to enlarge.
My frugal week:
- We had FREE HBO and Cinemax last weekend through Monday - so DVR'd some movies for G. He is utilizing Netflix a lot as well.
- More spring cleaning
- I needed to send out a birthday and a sympathy card this week. I had both in my card stash and I had stamps as well - so no spending. Mailman picked them up for me.
- Baked a raspberry pie
- Placed the spring décor on the doors
- "Blew" out the computer to clean. The fan had been running often - so I turned it off and used canned air and cleaned it well. Fan stopped running so much.
- Had 2 days that heat was off completely and windows open for fresh air (in between rain showers)
- Meals from scratch
- All normal things
- I only went out one day - so saved on gas
- Kroger to get asparagus - .97/lb.! Got 6 pounds - yum.
- Also got bread and buns on clearance, 6 boxes of spaghetti (.39) and .99 bags of tomatoes and bell peppers - Both were palm size and nice
- I also found Nice & Easy hair color on clearance for 1.59 a box!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! I got the 6 boxes that were 'close' in color to what I usually buy. Those normally run 7.99 a box without coupons. CRAZY PRICE (remember each box gives me 3 dye jobs). I also got 2 boxes of knee high hose - 10 pair per box for 1.89. That will last me the rest of my life - as I rarely wear any hose at all.
- Lastly at Kroger I got 5 - 14 oz. bags of Skittles for 1.19 a bag. Dated 12/2018 - so they will be great for Easter or Christmas goodies for the kids.
- I then stopped at Safeway on the way home as they had a canned tuna sale. I got 30 cans of Chicken of The Sea tuna for .59/can for the stockpile. I was running low as the last time I caught a good sale was about a year ago. I cleaned the shelf off. I may go back before the sale ends and see if they re-stocked.
My meals this past week:
Chipped beef gravy and toast and scrambled eggs
Cheesy tator tot casserole and side salad - 2X
Jalapeno smoked sausage, steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower & carrots) with cheese sauce
Tuna patties, baked beans and salad
Cheesy steak burgers, sautéed onions and oven fries
Snacks - pie, microwave S'mores, veggies and dip
It has been a pretty quiet week. Basically I have just been piddling around inside - as weather did not permit outside activities. I am so ready to do some yard work!
This month is just about gone and it's only a little over 3 weeks until calendar spring. WOW
How was your week? Any great deals to be had? Have you added to your long term pantry?
May you all be safe and free from harsh weather. God bless and keep you in His protective arms this coming week. Health, happiness and frugal ways to all!
Blessing from our humble home to yours!