Thursday, May 24, 2018

A Little Humor

Today should be part 3 of a the pantry project - but honestly my brain and my body are fried!
I am beyond tired.  Summer yard work has taken it's hold on me this week. 
I have been working on finishing the garden and getting the yard mowed and trimmed and cutting bushes and.........................................such is life! 
It is going to get hotter this weekend and the humidity is supposed to be back - so now is the time!


So I thought I would share a bit of humor with you today.  At least I thought it was funny.  I was out mowing the front lawn this morning and a car came down the road.  It stopped in front of the house.  Now normally I would not stop, as you just can't be too careful nowadays! 
There was a sweet looking white haired lady in the car, so I stopped the mower.

She rolled her window down, and I am thinking she probably needs directions or something.  She says "Honey, it just warms my heart to see you young kids taking and interest in your yards and homes.  You have everything so pretty."
OK, the funny part - "you young kids"!!!!!!!

I walked over to the car, and thanked her .  I told her it means a lot that others find it pretty - but I wasn't a kid any more!!!  She says "You sure are, just look at you."  She says "I am 72, I should know a kid when I see one".  Again I thanked her, and told her my age - and she just stared at me.  Laughingly, I told her my brother and my sister were older than her.  She was amazed.
"Well" she says "you look like a kid and your yard is lovely".  How sweet.
I smiled and chuckled to myself the rest of the morning.

I guess it is all about perspective - maybe that is why I  call people in their 40's kids!  LOL
All I know is it sure made my day.  Me standing there in my old grubby t-shirt and jeans, sweating like crazy, and all red faced.
I guess I was 'rocking' that 70's workout headband I had on!!!!!!!  LOL



So all you KIDS take it easy today and don't work too hard.  Sit back and remember, what you see and feel may be a blessing to someone else.  They MAY be glad to have your worst day.
We just never know how we affect the world.

BLESSINGS FOR A WONDERFUL DAY!

14 comments:

  1. Love that Cheryl. I know it made your day! Your yard looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did. We just never know what might brighten someone's day.
      Thanks

      Delete
  2. That's such a great story, Cheryl. I had someone tell me when I was 40 that I was just a kid. It made me feel great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A feel good moment for sure. I have been so tired and weary - so that made my day.

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are pretty and it was so nice of that lady to encourage you! I have been tired and weary also so can understand how that must have lifted your spirits. Have a good Memorial Day week-end. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. A kind word can change an attitude for sure.
      Have a lovely Memorial Day

      Delete
  4. That's too funny! It really hit home to me about age when I wrote on my last post ..."when we were kids in the last century..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that and it struck me as well. Gee whiz how did that happen so quickly?! LOL

      Delete
  5. Take it while you can get it! Especially when you are so tired from all the yard work. It was nice for her to stop and encourage you. That's pretty rare these days, but you are right, other people probably notice and like what you've done more than you thing, they just don't stop and say so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice of her, especially with me being so hot and tired.
      I get people saying how pretty it is, but I really needed her sweet words!

      Delete
  6. Cheryl, you are the Best! thanks for posting this, makes me feel younger already. Have a great weekend to all, especially to you Cheryl for running this blog and warming our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy it made your day too!
      Thank you for your sweet words.
      ENJOY, eat, drink and be merry this weekend!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for this post - I needed it today! It was my first laugh of the day. I'm pushing 70 this year and proud of it until I see a picture of me recently! Come to think of it, you never did state your age LOL!! Sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kris I will admit I am 63. So definitely not a kid! I am glad you got a laugh - so did I.
      Some days it just takes a tiny thing to make your day. I love that!

      Delete