Memorial Day weekend was pretty uneventful. I just worked in the yard and garden. The neighborhood was pretty darn quiet as well.
It is crazy to think today is the end of May. My goodness.
The weekly weather has been pretty darn good. We had many warm/hot days. Rain. And now super pleasant days for a while. It is in the 70's and going to stay that way for a couple days until warming up again and more rain/storms and humidity by mid week.
- Monday I went out back and got all the bushes trimmed up - 5 big ones
- My first peonies of the season started opening last weekend. I have picked many bouquets for the house this week. Oh how I love the smell.
- Dog sat 2 days this week
- Got all the garden planted!! 2 kinds of cukes, 3 kinds of tomatoes (well 4 counting cherry), zucchini and bell peppers. I already had onion, lettuce and spinach growing. I planted cucumber seeds on Wednesday and Saturday they were already above ground!!!
- Haven't had to water anything this week - as we have had enough rain
- Got to turn AC off and I am enjoying cool breezes coming in windows
- My neighbor bought me 3 tomatoes at the farm market - my they are tasty
- I had to change out lightbulb in kitchen ceiling light. WHY do I mention this??? Well, if you have a light attached to a fan - you know. Take down the globe and clean inside and out. Then all the fan blades need thoroughly cleaned. Then you have to clean the base as there are cobwebs. Then you see cobwebs on the ceiling. Changing a light bulb was a 45 minute job!!!!!!! LOL
- Used dehumidifier water in the laundry again
- UGH - dropped my cell phone in the toilet!!!!! (It WAS clean). I grabbed it quickly, dried off all I could and then covered it in a bowl of rice. Thank goodness it all worked. Saved it!
- I ran to Kroger on Friday - mainly just because I wanted to do something other than work in the yard! I got more bananas and some oranges, and cat food and I found a few deals.
Cauliflower was .99 markdown. Seasoned mixed greens were .89 a can (big cans) I got 4. Fire roasted corn - .99 each I got 2. Bounce (80 count free & clear) 1.99. These will work great for over the winter and will last ages. I cut in thirds WHEN I use them. ALL items were in clearance section and I got what was left.
Green beans "chips" on clearance for .99 and nacho flavored corn nuts clearance at .49! Make for tasty snacks.
- Mowed the grass front to back and did a huge trim job out back. I really worked on trimming all areas - some hadn't been done this spring. Still need to do a big trim out front - I need to edge the walks and drive
My meals this week:
Cheeseburger and cauliflower salad (both leftover from night before)
Fried tuna patties and salad
Small pizza (freezer) loaded with everything I had on hand!
Made myself a plated chef salad
Goulash (from freezer) over corn chips and topped with cheese
Club sandwich and chips
Chopped steak and broc./caul./carrot salad
Plated chef salad - tasty!
How is everyone doing? What have you been up to? It seems yard and garden work are on many peoples agendas.
Do you have big plans for the coming week?
I pray you are all SAFE and HEALTHY. May your upcoming week be blessed beyond measure.
Go out and smile and be kind - and make someone's day. YOU can make a difference.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.