I have yet to hook up the hose! When I have needed to water, I have used rain barrel water. I guess I need to hook the hose up, as I do need to wash down siding on the house.
I have battled poison ivy on my right arm this week. It is healing nicely now. Boy, it sure was itchy earlier. I have lots of it around and I am so allergic. Sign of summer for sure!
- I did a bunch of trimming and weed pulling this first part of the week (cooler). Got all along the drive cleaned. There is about 4" between the drive and fence and it is about a 3"- 4" drop, so it needs done by hand
- Lined dried all the bedding and towels
- Washed windows
- VOTED in the primary we finally got to have. The turnout was amazing!
- I finished planting a few odds and ends at the first of the week! The garden is coming right along
- I got an email the my library was FINALLY opening their book drop off box - so I returned books I have had since early March. The library is still closed.
- While out I ran to Aldi as I was craving fruit. I got strawberries, grapes and peaches on sale
- Then on to hardware to get a few needed items and I used my $5 off gift card for spending $25
- Paid all bills for the month
- I tarped over the back half of upper part of greenhouse and the back wall - so as to shade it for the cats when they go in to eat. It gets so much morning sun and it gets really hot in there - this helps quite a bit
- Touch-up the color on hair (supplies on hand)
- Cleaned out the refrigerator. I kept hearing a knocking sound when it cycled and my first thought was "Ooooooohhhhhh nooooooo". Well it happens that 2 little jars had fallen between the racks and lodged behind the deli drawer and they were rattling! Sigh of relief. So the frig is all nice and neat
- I have made fruit smoothies a few times this week - refreshing way to get my fruit intake. (Oh, I added rum to one! hehe)
- Finally got paperwork from BMV on vehicle registration. BMV has been closed and I wondered how I would get registration done by end of June (when it expires). YAY, that is now mailed and taken care of.
Flowers out front are all red and shades of blue/purple. They are just so pretty. The pics don't do them justice
Meals this past week:
Fried potatoes, cabbage and smoked sausage (I have been craving this combo lately)
Dirty rice with beef and tomatoes
Leftover rice and salad
Grilled Rueben sandwich (Buddig corned beef & home canned kraut)
Baked potato with leftover taco meat and cheese
Chicken tender soft tacos
This weeks version of taco salad (out of lettuce). It is different every time I make it! Still YUM
How was your week? How are you staying frugal?
Are your gardens doing well?
Love to hear from everyone - so feel free to shout out!
I pray this finds you each safe and healthy. May we each do our little part to make our communities wonderful places.
Blessings from my humble little home to yours.