Wow, another week another dollar!!!!!
I hope you all have had a great week. We actually got some much needed rain on Friday and Saturday. It seems funny to say "much needed" after the incredibly wet summer we had. Our grass has started to brown and we had cracks in the soil at least 1/2" across.
We had a couple pretty warm days, but now we are back to more seasonal and comfortable temps. Loving that!
It's been a pretty quiet week in these parts. I stayed home a good part of the week and worked around here.
- I picked more tomatoes and peppers
- Harvested squirrel corn. They planted it, so I figure they should get to enjoy it. I have been taking down the stalks as I harvest - may use them as free decoration for fall. Not sure. I will finish that up this week.
- Been doing lots of yard work, and cleaning out flower beds. FREE exercise
- AC only ran part of 2 days
- I painted one of our security doors. They are about 27 years old and getting pretty frumpy looking - so I got out Rustoleum paint we had, and re-did the side door. It looks great. Hopefully I will get the front door done this week.
- I stopped at a yard sale on a fluke this week when I was out. Found some great deals. At least 4 stocking stuffers for Christmas at .50 each! Oh hey, I'm not too proud.
- Had one meatless night. Fixed fried green tomatoes, zucchini and onions. YUMMO!
Isn't it pretty? That is over the recliner, so you can't even see the whole thing. I am not sure if I will gift it or keep it.
I also got 4 - 20oz. bottles of scented body wash for .50 each. Those will definitely go in gift bags. I also got myself a new bottle of shampoo and a tube of very expensive lotion for .50 each. I think that was a very good stop.
I made my first pot of chili for the season last night. It sure was tasty. We will have leftovers of that tonight. I got a nice roast out of the freezer to thaw, and will crock pot it and veggies tomorrow. I love the cooler weather, because I am more apt to make those kind of hearty fall dishes. I have really missed them!
Well gang, that's about it for me this week. I seem to do mainly the same old things each week. I hope you all have a great week ahead. May your week be frugal and fun filled.
May God watch over you and keep you and yours safe.