Monday, September 28, 2015

Probably Truth!

I love this little poem.  Someday - hopefully many, many years from now - this may be the scenario! 
Enjoy.


I was shocked, confused, and bewildered
as I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its décor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
who made me sputter and gasp--
the thieves, the liars, the sinners,
the alcoholics, the trash

There stood the kid from the seventh grade
who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought
was rotting in hell,
was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.

I nudged Jesus, "What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must have made a mistake."

"And why's everyone so quiet,
so somber?  Give me a clue."

"Hush child", He said, "they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you."

JUDGE NOT!!
Author Unknown

The lesson to learn is the old adage - "judge not lest ye be judged".  So true. 

1 comment: