We are having a heat wave in this neck of the woods. Been 90 or above all week, and very high humidity. Hopefully that ends in a couple days. They are saying by Wednesday we will be getting back to more normal temps for this time of the year, and by next weekend have highs in the low 70's. WOOHOO - I am so ready for that type of weather. It could stay that way till Spring as far as I'm concerned.
The garden is really winding down, but still producing some. My neighbor pulled his entire garden out the other day, as it wasn't producing much! WHAT? If it is producing at all, I will keep mine going. Anything I get at this point is gravy - free food for the taking.
How was your week? What did you do on the frugal front?
- I am still picking some tomatoes, beans, zucchini, and lots of peppers. Picked the end of the grapes yesterday.
- Froze more peppers and beans.
- De-stemmed all the grapes and they are in the freezer till I make time to make jelly or more grape juice.
- Bought 6 - 16 lb. bags of dry cat food and 72 cans of wet cat food for FREE this week, using out Visa gift card. Still have money left on it to buy more!
- Line dried laundry on a couple occasions.
- Used the crock pot one day, and made enough Mexican Taco Chicken to last for 3 meals for 2 of us! (using 3 breasts plus other ingredients)
- Went to Value Village thrift store the other day. I so needed a thrift store fix. I need to go to another one or 2!! I bought a nice pair of jeans for myself for 2.59, and bought a king size, one color QUILT for 20.89 (sure beats $100+). It is very pretty! (peach colored)
- Meals from home all week.
- I got all my home canned goods organized. Oldest on top or in front, and all like items together, so I can find what I want easily.
- I have watered with rain water from barrels, and we did get rain Friday, which added some much needed water back into soil and barrels.
Well guys and gals, that's about it for me this week. Check in and tell what's happening in your neck of the woods.
Talk to you all later.
God bless each and everyone of you.