Wednesday, November 18, 2015

More Gift Ideas

Most people start getting real serious about holiday gifts the weekend after Thanksgiving.  It is really time to get crafting is you are making homemade gifts.
Today I am listing a few more ideas for homemade gifts.
  • Family pictures.  These could be framed, in the form of an album, or a CD of lots of pictures.
  • Frame kids art for family elders
  • Make handmade ornaments
  • Get together all the family recipes that have been loved for years and make small cookbooks, maybe even include pictures if possible (or copies of hand written recipes from those who have departed)
  • Fill a vintage cookie jar full of homemade cookies
  • A set of small pots and herb seeds for a kitchen herb garden
  • A stack of fabric remnants for a quilter
  • Send magazines - I always get the ones that have a B1G1 offer - that way I get myself a free subscription as well!
  • Make a batch of rice krispy goodies and form them into large KISS shapes, and cover in foil so it looks like a Hershey's kiss
  • Body wash, scrubby, and a fuzzy pair of socks (total $3 at Dollar Tree)
  • Mugs with hot chocolate mix or fancy tea bags, or flavored coffees
  • A gift certificate for someone's favorite meal
  • A promise for a meal a month for a shut-in
  • Pass on a family heirloom to the younger generation
  • What are you really good at making???  Noodles, certain candies or cookies, a special pie or cake, even woodworking.  Make something that you do well - as others would love to have it
  • College students - roll of quarters, snacks, microwave foods, cold/flu supplies, laundry supplies, a big batch of homemade goodies, restaurant gift card, etc.
Oh golly, there is no limit to the things you can do.  Mix it up a little and have fun with it.  You just may start NEW TRADITIONS within the family.

Lastly I have to share this cute idea.  I got our cousins permission to share this idea, as she made it last year for a friend of hers.  I told her I thought it was adorable and thought others might like to make one too.
 
Isn't this just the cutest?  It has buttons and thread for lights and ornaments and a tape measure for garland.  I think it would be great for a seamstress, a college gal, a gal in her own first place, and I guess it would be good for single guys as well!!!!!
 

I hope you get creative this year.  Mix it up a little - you just may blow everyone (including yourself) away with your awesomeness!!!!!!
Make your plans and most of all HAVE FUN and be FRUGAL.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl, Are you making any new ornaments this year? I would like to but don't know if I will get to it. Time goes so fast once November hits don't you think? Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No new ornaments here. You are so right, it seems once Thanksgiving is over - boom it's Christmas. That time goes so quickly.

      Delete
  2. I am having trouble feeling the last minute crunch. The scarf I've been knitting needs extra attention and I've struck off many of the extended family gifts and punted to baked goods instead. It will still be nice gifts though.

    I like your ideas Cheryl, they are both frugal AND fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, many have been taken off the "gift" list this year. It will be a lot of homemade cookies and candy this year for extended family.
      I would like gifts like that, so I think they are nice gifts too!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete