The week has been pretty quiet in this part of the world. We started the week with decent spring weather, then we got pouring rain, winds that only Dorothy and Toto could appreciate, and colder temps and frost. Today is supposed to get close to 80*!!!! Crazy, mixed up weather for sure. I guess that is what spring is all about.
I am more than ready for it to even out and stay warm! This next week looks like it will be in the 60's each day and warmer nights! Here's hoping.
- I mowed the yard (need to do again) and I am still using fuel from last season. I think I have one more mow then I have to buy more fuel
- Been using the Soda Stream to make flavored and carbonated waters
- Watching prepping videos on You Tube (on rainy days)
- Hardly ever turn lights on any more. It is light early and stays light till about 8:30 in the evening, and by then I am watching TV and don't need lights
- Got to air out house a lot - little heat used
- Picked a bouquet of tulips and hyacinths
- Looking up some new recipes
- Restocked the canned cat food shelves with stock I had put back. We currently have 3 - 4 months of canned cat food. Need to work on a bigger stockpile for them.
- Went out to lunch with my siblings on Wednesday - all for FREE (GCs). It was lovely and good therapy.
- Kept the wax bag from cereal. Will use for freezer foods.
- Renewed library books on line
- Cooked a dozen hard boiled eggs for easy, quick breakfasts or snacks
- Ran to Kroger on Friday. I got milk for 1.29/gal. 10 lbs. of potatoes - 5 lb./.99. 18 count eggs for .99.
- Lunch date and Kroger visit are the only places I went this week. Staying home is cheapest for me!
- Doing all the regular stuff - brewing tea, filtering water, making flavored coffee, laundry in cold, cooking from scratch, etc.
Homemade stew (2X)
Chicken breast, dressing and green beans (from freezer)
Grilled cheese with leftover beans (had big lunch)
Potato/cheese/ham casserole and salad
Baked fish and mac n cheese w/diced tomatoes added (G' favorite)
Homemade sub sandwiches
It has just been pretty quiet here. I have spent rainy days trying to learn some new ideas, recipes and tips that may benefit us all. Hope to share some soon.
I am more than ready to get outside and dig in the soil, and get the garden area prepped. I won't be planting too much for a good month or so. You just never know what the weather can do in Indiana in April and early May.
How was your week? Did you find any great deals? Do anything to add to your prepping storage?
Stop by and visit and let us know what you have been up to.
STAY FRUGAL MY FRIENDS AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IN EVERY WAY!