The sun is shining bright here this morning and it is heavenly!
We have had 80* days and 50* days this week. Lots of wind and some rain. We are back on track for 70's after a very chilly Saturday.
I am sitting here this morning watching the squirrels run and play, the possum out eating his breakfast, and the Robins pulling their breakfast from the ground (yuk). Kitties have all been fed as have we, paper has been read, news watched, and now I am just enjoying quiet time. I am retired, and each day is similar, but Sundays somehow seem different to me. I have always loved Sunday mornings - even as a kid. It is a time for reflection and gratitude.
This past week has been quiet, but I feel a little accomplished!
- Received a magazine in the mail. I am now guessing someone has sent a subscription. Thank you to whomever did!
- Froze lots of nice turkey broth from the Easter turkey
- Got my rain barrels out and set up this week
- Cut G's and my hair
- Colored my hair (oh, I feel 10 years younger!)
- Did laundry in cold and line dried
- Did more yard work - it is never ending.........FREE exercise (I sure need it)
- Repaired a wood chair I found out back in alley earlier this spring. It was falling a part - glued, nailed and braced all the wood back together. This week I will paint (purple) and use as a artful plant stand in the yard! (picture later)
- I cleaned, straightened, and inventoried the upright freezer downstairs. Now I hope to keep a running inventory!!!! I always have good intentions! LOL! It is now organized and sectioned off by type of meat and veggie again
- I ran out one day to pick up a script for G and the Christian thrift store was across the street so I stopped. I got a new looking piece of Tupperware and a Lazy- Susan for the cabinet each for .99
- I re-organized the upstairs pantry AGAIN! How does it get so messy? GREMLINS!!!! The lazy-Susan worked wonderfully in the back-most corner (my pantry is 3' deep). Makes it so easy to find canned goods. I have 20 cans on it (2 high)
- We are getting FREE Cinemax and HBO for some reason this weekend, so I have been DVR'ing movies to watch later on some rainy day
- Made marshmallow Krispies
- Made peach cream fluff (Mmmmm) used same recipe as the pineapple
- All meals from home and using all leftovers
- Refilled a lot of my upstairs pantry jars with inventory from stock in basement
- All our normal stuff: tea making, filtering water, windows open, no lights, heat off, etc.
Turkey, harvest potatoes, and asparagus Au gratin (2X)
Turkey Manhattens (hot turkey sandwiches, mashed pots, all smothered in gravy)
Sausage gravy over toast and leftover harvest potatoes
Spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast
Leftovers eaten for lunch or breakfast
I have been enjoying the comments from so many folks this week. Oh by the way this is my 300th post!!!! There have been over 72,000 visits to my humble little blog thus far! I just find this absolutely amazing. THANK YOU EVERYONE for coming along on this little journey!
God bless you all!
How was your week? Did you do anything fun or money saving? Give us a shout out - I think everyone enjoys learning from each other.
I hope your upcoming is stress free, frugal and safe! Blessings to each of you!
HAPPY SPRING (or fall in some cases!)