Saturday, April 22nd, is Earth Day. It is a shame that there needs to be a special day to make people remember or realize that we need to work harder to protect the planet.
I BELIEVE THAT EVERYDAY IS EARTH DAY!!!
There will be a lot of festivities tomorrow in many cities. I hope some of you get to attend and perhaps learn. It can be a nice frugal way to spend the day.
Love your piece of the world and you will be helping. One person CAN make a difference.
- Take a walk about in your neighborhood and pick up trash
- Clean out your clutter and donate to bless someone else
- PLANT trees, flowers, garden, etc.
- Enlist your neighbors to help clean up a vacant lot
- Check into using vacant lots as community gardens
- Buy organic - we need to STOP using pesticides
- Set up a rain barrel
- Start a compost pile
- Take a walk or hike. Have a picnic. Bird watch
- UPGRADE things around the house - try to find new uses for things
- Volunteer for an environmental cause
- Create a habitat for wildlife. Provide feeders, water, bird houses, bat houses, plant flowers for the hummingbirds - bees - butterflies
- Shop small businesses and buy local
- Turn off your lights more often. Adjust the thermostat. Don't waste water
- DON'T use chemicals in your yard/garden (not only is it bad for you - but also wildlife and your pets)
- Use re-usable cloth bags when shopping
- Make your own cleaning products from natural items
- Open windows and enjoy the fresh air - your lungs will thank you
- Drive less - bike, walk, car pool, etc. (or stay home more)
- Stop using aerosols
- Stop smoking - AND NEVER throw a cigarette on the ground (they can kill birds)
- Remember to help those in need - donate to feed the hungry
I know people say "I can't make any change to the scheme of things". YES YOU CAN! If each and every person does SOMETHING - it is making a change. Little things add up. Do you need to do all the things listed above? NO - but each one you choose helps this planet!
We need to educate ourselves AND educate the younger generations coming up. Start teaching kids at a young age to protect and save the earth. They need to realize their actions will affect the future.
Lead by example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE HELP SAVE OUR PLANET!
REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
BE MINDFUL OF OTHERS AND WILDLIFE
CELEBRATE EARTH DAY - EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!