Thursday, April 27, 2017

Random Thoughts and Wisdom

Today I feel that my mind is all over the place.  I keep thinking of things I NEED to do, things I WANT to do,  and just things.
I have been thinking about advice I have been given over the years, and re-reading some quotes that are worthy of repeating.

This post will be a just that, as well.  Random thoughts, quotes, and ideas.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Slow down.  Start making small changes.  Realize that the world won't stop if you say NO.  Learn to relax and enjoy the simple things!  Life is short.

Slow and steady wins the race.

"Budgeting is the art of doing that well with one dollar, which any bungler can do with two."
Arthur Wellington - British Statesman  (1769-1852)

Stop the leaks.  Keep track of everything spent for a month or two.  You will see exactly where every dollar goes.  Remember WANTS and NEEDS are different. 

Anything worth doing - probably isn't going to be easy!

Your frugalness is YOUR track to independence.  You are not in a competition with others.  Do what is NEEDED for you and your family.

NO change is too small.  Small changes added together can change your life. 


Foodie thoughts:

Use meat as an ingredient - not a main course.  It will save you money! 
A good single portion of meat is about 3 oz. - that is about the size of a deck of cards!

If you find a good deal on sliced bread - buy it.  Individually wrap bread in baggies, 2 pieces together, then slide them all back into the bread wrapper and freeze.  Pull out only what you need.
Homemade is best - but sometimes we just can't make it as cheaply nor do we always have the time or talent.

ALWAYS check the clearance section of your grocery store.  Super deals can be found.  That is the first area I go.  Check for meat clearances as well.  Why pay full price??

Leftovers mixed together make soups and casseroles.  Don't waste food.  Remake it, so that even those "I don't eat leftovers" people will never know!!!!! 


EASY HUMMUS
1 - 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (drained with liquid reserved)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 garlic clove - crushed
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
2 drops sesame oil (optional)

Blend the beans an other ingredients together in a food processor, while slowly streaming in reserved liquid from the beans.  Blend until you get the correct consistency.  I use about half the liquid.
You can add what ever spices you may desire.
Easy and healthy and very yummy!
Sure beats the price of buying it ready made!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Try to live your life well and with purpose.  Do NOT squander or waste.  Live and love and be happy.  Keep things simple and life is so much easier and more enjoyable.

OK, these are my random thoughts! 
What is on your mind today?  Give us your words of wisdom!

Blessings!  REMEMBER to be a good steward of all you have.
Peace my friends

7 comments:

  1. I don't remember ever eating hummus. Copied your recipe so maybe will give it a try! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy it is a very healthy alternative to dip.
      It is quite good and expensive when you buy it at the store.
      Have a good day.

      Delete
  2. Love hommus. I make mine with chick peas and eat it with fresh vegie crudites.
    I have a favourite saying that I play over in my head whenever I start to feel negative about something or someone.
    'You create beauty with your attitude, your behaviour and your actions. It's all up to you'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT A LOVELY SAYING! It is so correct - It IS all up to us!!!!!

      Chick peas or garbanzo beans either one make great hummus.
      Blessings.

      Delete
  3. I like hummus with artichoke hearts also blended in, lighter tasting and it gets me an extra vegetable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made hummus without tahini in it before. I'll have to try your way because it would sure be much more frugal!

    ReplyDelete