It is another dreary, wet morning here. We have had a couple days of sunshine this week, otherwise it has been gray and wet!
This coming week, will be normal fall temperatures and it looks like it may be clear and sunny most of the week. YAY! My mood really needs some sunshine.
It is also that time of the year that we have what are called milkweed bugs in abundance! They are all over the garage and the power meters. They don't really hurt anything, except you just have to dodge them when walking or working outside.
You know it getting close to the holidays when you get the complete list of fall festivals/craft shows in the paper. Today was the day. I will probably attend a couple, as I love getting new ideas.
Christmas is 70 days away!
My frugal week:
- NO A/C or heat at all this week. Lot's of fresh air.
- Saved another cereal bag for the wax paper
- I actually RECEIVED the $50 Visa GC this week. I just did the survey last week!
- I did get grass mowed and more yard work done on the couple dry days we had. Slowly getting there
- Hung laundry outside to dry
- Picked the balance of regular tomatoes from plants. Squash and regular tomatoes are now done.
- Still picking lots of cherry tomatoes and peppers, and we have broccoli and cabbage growing quite well and producing.
- Found lots of great crafting materials while going through things in the basement this week. Lot's of projects can be made while spending no money.
- Washed storm doors and more windows. Kitties seem to leave lot's of kitty kisses on them!
- Cut what will probably be the last roses of the season, for my bud vases.
- Made a 'sticky bun' cake. Used a cake mix from pantry, and added extras of butter, brown sugar and pecans and all I can say is "MY GOODNESS - YUM"!
- Changed out purses for the fall season
- Got the NEED to see people - LOL - so I drove up the road to the library. I walked the aisles for a while and talked with a couple people in the outdoor sitting area. (The library is in the park).
- NO grocery shopping at all this week!!!!!!!! I DID NOT go into any stores! YAY ME!
Meals this past week:
My version of Pozole' soup - 2X (used leftover Mex. chicken from freezer in it)
Cream cheese/ham/veggie roll-ups
Meat pie - made with stew from freezer
Baked fish, fried green tomatoes and stuffed jalapenos
Cheeseburger soup (homemade)
Tangy hamburger hash and salad
It has been an interesting week. G said he expected me to get the 'shakes' from not shopping!!!! I have to admit, I REALLY wanted to go out. I resisted and was a good girl.
I am just trying to use what we have and get a little more experimental on cooking! That part is fun.
It has been nice realizing that I am not 'alone' in the unfinished projects area!! Also enjoy learning from each of you. I think it is so neat that everyone shares their hints and tips. Life is a daily journey of learning.
How was your week? What were your frugal accomplishments this week?
Please know I pray for ALL of my on-line friends daily and I pray you are all safe and healthy in this coming week. God bless each of you.