It sure is a beautiful morning in our neighborhood. We had rain and wind come through last night, but this morning is lovely. It appears we are going to have lovely weather in the coming week, many days in the 70's. PERFECT in my opinion.
We had some fairly warm times this week and had to turn AC on a little on 2 or 3 days (not all day). We did get a lot of rain this week, which we desperately needed.
Sadly I took the hummingbird feeders down this week. I will miss my little flying jewels till next spring.
I have a clematis that is now blooming for the third time this year! I have never had that happen before. I even saw a dandelion blooming this week. This extra warm weather is playing with my plants!
My frugal week:
- I took a survey with our cable company and will be receiving a $50 Visa card for my 'trouble'!
- I got to line dry laundry on a dry day the first part of week
- I received a $5 GC from our local hardware for my birthday month.
- I got Bath & Body works coupons. One is for a FREE fun size body product and another for a $5 signature lotion (7.99 savings). I will go and get these before the end of month - they will be Christmas gifts
- I got a $6 off any order coupon from Kroger this week. It is good till 10/19. Hmmm, with buying no groceries, I think I will just get cat litter with it.
- I have been doing a lot of fall cleaning. Vacuumed floors, under/behind things, door jambs, window blinds, lamp shades, etc.
- Finished adding and logging all Sept. receipts.
- Cleaned out crispers in frig. Cut up and froze and BUNCH of peppers from the garden. Added several bags to the freezer
- Processed my first batch of kraut.
- Spent all available DRY times outside trying to get yard 'winter' ready. I do a little here and a little there. Cleaned out one large flower bed, the entire fence row (on empty house side) on both sides of fence. Cutting down spent plants and mowing. Trying not to over heat, but take advantage of decent weather. Slow and steady wins the race!
- I walked the street on Saturday and picked up trash (it was very windy). I picked up a lot of stuff. There was a florescent green hoodie sweatshirt (like utility workers use) laying out there. There were workers on the street, so I laid it on their truck. They left and didn't take it. I went and got it - it's pretty stained up. I will see if I can clean it up - if not no big deal. If I can, well it's a new yard shirt for me!
- Eating from home and cooking from scratch
- All the normal frugal stuff
Meals this week:
'From scratch' sloppy Joe's and chips
Leftover Amish casserole and salad
Fish sandwiches and salad
Loaded baked potatoes
Country gravy/toast and balance of casserole
Mashed potatoes/gravy and spicy BBQ chicken pieces
Now that I have decided to NOT grocery shop any more this month - I think I have just improved my attitude as well! I have been doing lots of little projects and keeping busy. I have managed (for the time being) to get out of my slump! Time to get busy and accomplish things!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ME!
I sure hope I can keep this momentum going, because there is SO much I want to get done.
How was your week? What did you do frugal? I look forward to hearing from you.
1 lb. of ground meat - browned
1 chopped onion
4 - 5 potatoes - cut into chunks
1 can red or black beans (drained)
1 can chopped tomatoes (I used Rotel like tomatoes)
Garlic (to taste)
salt and pepper
1/4 C shredded cheese
Throw it all in crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Toss in cheese at the very end and let it melt - then it's done! VERY GOOD & easy and cheap.
May the Lord bless you and keep you in good health this week. Health and happiness to you all.
Blessing from my home to yours.