It sure is a beautiful morning in our neighborhood. We had rain and wind come through last night, but this morning is lovely. It appears we are going to have lovely weather in the coming week, many days in the 70's. PERFECT in my opinion.
We had some fairly warm times this week and had to turn AC on a little on 2 or 3 days (not all day). We did get a lot of rain this week, which we desperately needed.
Sadly I took the hummingbird feeders down this week. I will miss my little flying jewels till next spring.
I have a clematis that is now blooming for the third time this year! I have never had that happen before. I even saw a dandelion blooming this week. This extra warm weather is playing with my plants!
My frugal week:
- I took a survey with our cable company and will be receiving a $50 Visa card for my 'trouble'!
- I got to line dry laundry on a dry day the first part of week
- I received a $5 GC from our local hardware for my birthday month.
- I got Bath & Body works coupons. One is for a FREE fun size body product and another for a $5 signature lotion (7.99 savings). I will go and get these before the end of month - they will be Christmas gifts
- I got a $6 off any order coupon from Kroger this week. It is good till 10/19. Hmmm, with buying no groceries, I think I will just get cat litter with it.
- I have been doing a lot of fall cleaning. Vacuumed floors, under/behind things, door jambs, window blinds, lamp shades, etc.
- Finished adding and logging all Sept. receipts.
- Cleaned out crispers in frig. Cut up and froze and BUNCH of peppers from the garden. Added several bags to the freezer
- Processed my first batch of kraut.
- Spent all available DRY times outside trying to get yard 'winter' ready. I do a little here and a little there. Cleaned out one large flower bed, the entire fence row (on empty house side) on both sides of fence. Cutting down spent plants and mowing. Trying not to over heat, but take advantage of decent weather. Slow and steady wins the race!
- I walked the street on Saturday and picked up trash (it was very windy). I picked up a lot of stuff. There was a florescent green hoodie sweatshirt (like utility workers use) laying out there. There were workers on the street, so I laid it on their truck. They left and didn't take it. I went and got it - it's pretty stained up. I will see if I can clean it up - if not no big deal. If I can, well it's a new yard shirt for me!
- Eating from home and cooking from scratch
- All the normal frugal stuff
Meals this week:
'From scratch' sloppy Joe's and chips
Leftover Amish casserole and salad
Fish sandwiches and salad
Loaded baked potatoes
Country gravy/toast and balance of casserole
Mashed potatoes/gravy and spicy BBQ chicken pieces
Now that I have decided to NOT grocery shop any more this month - I think I have just improved my attitude as well! I have been doing lots of little projects and keeping busy. I have managed (for the time being) to get out of my slump! Time to get busy and accomplish things!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ME!
I sure hope I can keep this momentum going, because there is SO much I want to get done.
How was your week? What did you do frugal? I look forward to hearing from you.
1 lb. of ground meat - browned
1 chopped onion
4 - 5 potatoes - cut into chunks
1 can red or black beans (drained)
1 can chopped tomatoes (I used Rotel like tomatoes)
Garlic (to taste)
salt and pepper
1/4 C shredded cheese
Throw it all in crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Toss in cheese at the very end and let it melt - then it's done! VERY GOOD & easy and cheap.
May the Lord bless you and keep you in good health this week. Health and happiness to you all.
Blessing from my home to yours.
Your cowboy casserole sounds so good and I love that it's in the crockpot. This will be going on my menu plan this week. I just went and picked tomatoes so I think I'll use fresh. You know I got that Bath and Body works coupon too thanks for the reminder! Have a great day!ReplyDelete
Vickie, my hubs really liked it - so did I. Hope you enjoy it!Delete
Great - coupons like that can give us all a free gift now and then.
Have a good one
I agree with Vickie that your recipe sounds really good. We have lots of potatoes and I cooked 8 pounds on ground beef to freeze last month.Delete
I’ll be cooking this soon
Rhonda I hope you and your family enjoys it as well.Delete
Sounds like a lovely week .It was 94 yesterday and today 74.ReplyDelete
The funny weather we have. I am in southern California. It is amazing that things are still blooming for you.
Have a blessed week.
Oh I am so glad that our temps aren't that hot. The weather this year has been strange for sure.Delete
I love your butterfly picture. I have been trying to capture a butterfly on my dahlias for a few days now. By the time I get my phone camera ready, it has flown away. Several times. I'm glad you captured yours.ReplyDelete
Thank you. All luck!!! I took a couple and one it flew away, another it wasn't open - then that one. We have so many butterflies right now, it's kind of hard to miss.Delete
the butterflies must be on migration maybe?ReplyDelete
Good going on resisting the grocery stores! It too is hard for me.
Ellen, I never thought of that. They are always abundant around the New England Asters this time of the year. They are sure are pretty to see.Delete
It is tough - but we have to be STRONG!!!! LOL
I sure hope I get those same coupons that you did for Bath and Body Works. They have not been sending many my way lately. I wonder if it is because I am on their email list?ReplyDelete
That recipe is going on my list. Yummy.ReplyDelete
That recipe is going on my list. Yummy.ReplyDelete
Definitely making that casserole. Sounds delicious.ReplyDelete