The year is officially all down hill from here! LOL Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas, the time will fly by for sure!
Craft shows will be starting up this month, with lots of fun gift ideas and homemade treasures to buy and see.
The weather has drastically cooled the last half of the week. Nights are in the 40's and 50's - such good sleeping weather. AC off and windows open, allowing fresh a plenty in the house.
My allergies are finally starting to get a little better. It has been a bad allergy season.
We are still enjoying some garden produce. The volunteer cherry tomatoes plants are giving up tons of little tomatoes (about the size of a quarter). They sure are good and nice addition to the meals. They are full of blooms and green tomatoes, so depending on the weather we should have little tomatoes for a while.
Sunflowers - critter planted and Cheryl approved. We have had lovely sunflowers all summer from the birds and squirrels.
The New England Asters are absolutely covered with blooms. They are gorgeous. The butterflies seem to love them.
My frugal week:
- Sunday we got Long John Silver's for G's birthday dinner. The gal at the restaurant gave me a FREE drink since I had to wait for fish to cook. She also gave us extra fish and hushpuppies for FREE. I got a boat load of tartar sauce and catsup packages as well. She was more than generous!
- Picked a lovely bouquet of N.E. asters
- Picked tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and peppers this week
- Took BIL to the hospital this week for an out patient procedure. He was to be slightly sedated, so couldn't drive. (he is fine)
- Worked on cleaning up the garage some. Put many items back into the shed for the winter.
- Placed 5 doz. quart jars in the shed (that we received free last year). I brought in a couple dozen as well.
- We have FREE HBO and Cinemax over the weekend, so I have been DVRing several movies to watch at some later date
- Have watched a few You Tube videos
- AC has now been off for 5 days - it will be getting warmer again this week - but here's hoping it gets to stay off.
- Had a friend come over and help G and I both with several projects we needed to get done, and just couldn't accomplish by ourselves.
- Got the whole house generator all checked out for fall and winter - did it ourselves, so no expense
- Ran to Fresh Thyme for some herbal capsules and came across powdered peanut butter!!!! I got a jar of it and a jar of chocolate flavored powdered peanut butter! Oh the possibilities! I can see using it in baking and in smoothies. Shelf life is very long - great for prepping.
- I stopped by WM to check out different flavors of canned cat food. I dislike WM - but they carry cat food others don't and have good price on it. I walked by the clearance rack - and I found 4 jars of sweet and sour purple cabbage and 2 jars of pickled baby onions (G loves) all for a $1 a jar. Great for the pantry
- Working very hard on organization - especially in the basement. It is amazing how messy it can get.
- I stopped at the thrift store (across from WM). I got 2 loaves of wheat bread for FREE (gave to our friend).
Meals this week:
Long John's (2X)
Chicken strips, steamed broccoli, slaw & tomatoes
Sausage, eggs, and toast
Leftover pizza casserole, bread sticks, and salad
Amish casserole and bread sticks
There are several things I would like accomplish in the coming week - here's hoping I have the get up and go to do them!
WHAT DID YOU DO TO SAVE MONEY THIS WEEK? Did you ADD to your PREP or PANTRY?
I pray you all have a wonderful month of October, and that it brings you health and happiness. May you al be able to add to your stockpiles and ready yourself for winter and Christmas.
God bless you all from our home to yours.