Thursday, March 23, 2017

COCONUT OIL

How many of you use coconut oil?
We love the stuff.
Oil is almost misleading, as most you buy is solid (like shortening), but melts easily.

It has many beneficial fats which can help in digestion.
It has natural antioxidant properties (which makes it great for skin)
Helps support mental function
Helps natural hormone production
It has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties - which help the immune system
It is basically  SUPERFOOD!

There are two basic types, which most places sell.
UNREFINED - offers the most benefits.  This type has the highest antioxidant levels.
REFINED - is basically tasteless and has no smell.  It has many of the same benefits, just not quite as many as unrefined.

  • Cooking - has a high smoke point
  • Baking - a great non-dairy replacement for butter in recipes
  • Emulsify in coffee - (G does this every day)  OR emulsify in hot chocolate
  • Add to smoothies
  • Anti aging for facial/skin moisturizing (all I use)
  • Can be mixed with other oils to make lotion bars.
  • Plain or mixed with baking soda for deodorant AND for tooth paste
  • Great for dry feet
  • Super lip balm
  • Small amounts rubbed in, can recondition leather
  • Use in home made pet treats to help their digestion and to help those with skin conditions (can add to their daily food as well)
  • Rub inside the nose to help alleviate  allergy symptoms
  • Topically can help kill yeast infections
  • Soothes psoriasis or eczema
  • Soothes the itch from bug bites and from poison ivy
  • Can help improve cholesterol ratios
  • Helps fight infections and flu symptoms
  • Helps sooth sunburn pain
  • Calms the frizz of a bad hair day - a tiny bit rubbed  into hair is a great conditioner (I have done this)
  • Use on babies bum for diaper rash

The list of health benefits goes on and on (there are literally hundreds of uses).  Google it and read for yourself.

We have been using both internally and externally for well over a year now.  I use it in baking and for frying as well. 
We have neither one had a sniffle since we started using.  I had a big eczema patch on my leg and after using coconut oil for about 2 weeks - it is totally gone.  I notice fine lines have disappeared around my eyes, and skin irritations clear almost over night.
All I can do is sing praises!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a medical expert by any means, but sometimes simple things can make a huge difference in our lives.  When I find something that works - I feel it is my duty to pass on that information.
NOTE:  Do NOT use if you are allergic to coconut!!!!!!

I hope everyone gives this wonderful oil a chance.  It literally can change many aspects of your (and your pets) lives.
Stay healthy the natural way!!!

8 comments:

  1. Lots of good things to say about coconut oil!
    We have been ingesting it for quite a few years now.
    I do use it in lotions with essential oils added.
    I've never tired some of your things on the list but will be remembering to try some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie the stuff is great, isn't it.
      We love it. There are just so many uses.
      Have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to try to use my coconut oil more often. I'm having some bad digestive issues right now (and yes, I do know what is causing it...IBS is miserable) and I am hoping the coconut oil will help with that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, I am no doctor, but I bet it helps you.
      There are just so many helpful benefits to using it. PLEASE give it a try.
      You are welcome!!!!
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. Great uses for coconut oil!. I should use it more often too. I always have an unused jar in the pantry it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie it is good for so many things. We all need to make an effort to use it more.
      Have a good evening!

      Delete
  4. I try to use it some but need to concentrate on using it more! Like to put it on my face at night and just made up some lotion bars with it, shea butter, beeswax and lavender oil. Easy to make. Recipe is in Melissa K Norris book, "The Made from Scratch Life". Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy that is neat that you make up your own lotion bars. That is something I need to try someday.
      thanks for the name of the book.
      Have a good one!

      Delete