Sunday, March 19, 2017

Frugal Happenings 3/19

Good morning.
I hope you all had a lovely and frugal week.

It has been a quiet week here.  It got very cold again, but it looks like this coming week is going to be more spring like again.  Tomorrow is the official calendar first day of spring!  YAY.  It won't be long and we will be out and about in our yards working - and we will all be complaining about hard work and hot temps again!  We are never happy!!

I have been enjoying watching lot's of red-winged black birds, blue jays, and tons of doves.  We had doves all winter - but there is an abundance of then now.  Bright gold finches are enjoying the bird bath and the cardinals are everywhere.  Robins galore have been bathing in the bird bath - they are so much fun to watch.
The squirrels are getting 'frisky' if you know what I mean!  LOL.  They have no shame!

We have been having a lot of new  (to our yard) cats showing up.  Since we lost Teegy a few weeks ago, others kitties are coming to visit.  He was the "keeper of the yard" and NO other cats were allowed.  Momma and Fluffy seem to enjoy the visits from others - which surprises me.

My week:
  • Made individual fruit pies with the sandwich maker, bread and pie filling - YUM
  • Used all frig leftovers in a pot of soup
  • Made a cheese spread from cream cheese I had on hand and a mix we were gifted at Christmas
  • Made a cheese cake with supplies on hand
  • Did lots of laundry in cold water
  • Been watching You Tube videos. 
  • I made a run to Fresh Thyme (haven't been in ages).  I got some fresh veggies and fruit and really, really splurged and bought deli corned beef (I could have bought a whole brisket for the price I paid)!  Mine were frozen - so I got deli beef.
  • Been doing all the regular stuff
  • Renewed library books on-line
  • Only left the house one day this week.
  • All leftovers got used for lunches  and/or breakfasts this week 
Meals:
Smoked sausage, fried potatoes/onions
Hamburger stew - it literally came out stew like -  2X
Mexican tator tot casserole
Fried chicken and fried chicken livers - salad
Homemade Rueben sandwiches
Pork cubes steaks, asparagus and mashed potatoes

Snacks - Indiv. fruit pies, sundaes, cheesecake, and cheese dip and crackers

I am glad so many of you seemed to enjoy the journey back in time this week with me and my pictures.  I guess that gave us all a little free entertainment!!!!

What have you all been up to this past week? Any great frugal finds?
I look forward to hearing from you.

May the Lord bless you and keep you in His protective arms this week.

7 comments:

  1. I went shopping yesterday and found some good deals like eggs at Aldi's for 59¢, which was unadvertised. Tickled to have found those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda - WOOHOO!!!! that is great. I can't wait till we get some of those extra low prices around here. I love finding creative ways to use them - plus if you have kids =- Easter is just around the corner.
      Great deal.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. ha ha I had to laugh at the squirrels. Spring has been good to us here too. It has lifted my spirit up that's for sure. I should watch you tube videos -so much information out there that's for sure. Have a blessed week Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie - yep, I keep looking out the window and saying 'get a room'! LOL
      Absolutely anything can be found on You Tube - it is really something. I just recently started watching it. I had no idea.

      Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. Hi Cheryl, What U-tube videos are your favorites to watch? Happy I have learned to make my own instant oatmeal packets!Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy that is great on making the instant oatmeal packets. Now you will know exactly what is in them.

      I like watching videos on prepping, pantry storage, frugal living, etc.
      It is amazing how many there are.

      have a great day.

      Delete
  4. YOu did well my friend! I like to watch videos on Youtube also. :)

    ReplyDelete