Thursday I had the windows and doors open as the day was close to 70* and was beautiful. Today we are back to winter! It looks like spring, but it sure feels chilly out.
I see a new meaning for the term March Madness!!! LOL
Did you re-set your clocks? I love the daylight being later in the evening, but it always takes me a while to re-set my body clock in the spring forward move.
- I picked a bouquet of daffodils with forsythia stems. It was so pretty and cheery.
- Been spring cleaning in the office/kitty room. I have lots of office supplies that won't have to be bought for years!
- I made a run to Menards and got new furnace filters. Allergen 8000 were on sale 6.99 AND were B1G1!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!! I have enough for over a year. as I got 4 and already had 2. They are 3 month filters.
- I have had a slow leak on a tire on the Blazer for a while. While out I decided to stop at tire shop and get it checked (vs. just airing it up). I had a nail in the tire and they found a nail in another tire too. Got that fixed and I am good to go!
- Stopped at Kroger to LOOK at clearance while out. Got some great clearance
- Checked all my vehicle fluids myself and cleaned out the Blazer
- Filled all the feeders and cleaned all the heated water bowls and plugged back in for the cold nights - so as not to freeze
- Was craving orange juice - so dug out concentrate from the chest freezer
- Used all leftovers and re-invented into new dishes
- Made a bowl of sandwich spread from one roll of bulk bologna
- Had a sweet tooth, so I made a batch of marshmallow crispy bars - used corn flakes, as that is what I had on hand. Mmmmmm
- I found some new small photo albums when cleaning out office (all bought for $1 at $ Tree), and I redid my "Sweets" recipe book. I have small books for sweets, main courses, breads, and canning all with my recipe cards that I use often. The sweets book was falling apart.
- Used part of one of the large sweet (butternut like) squash my brother gave me in the fall. Will use the balance this week
Meals this week:
Leftover mac/cheese and sausage with baked beans
Small pork roast with potatoes, squash, carrots & onions
Balance of veggies and pork made into a pot of soup
Chicken strips with mashed pots and corn
Leftover taco meat with other ingredients in loaded wraps
Sandwiches (sandwich spread) and chips and homemade dip
How was your frugal week? Anyone working on spring cleaning? I will be doing that for quite a while yet! Might as well clean inside until we get the next warm spell out doors.
I hope those in the path of the winter storms that I keep hearing about, are safe. May your week ahead be a blessed one.