Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Something for Nothing

 Hello to all.  Hope you are all well and safe.  HUGS to all that need them. (I know some do).
It is a cool morning here - boy, does it feel different.  It almost felt chilly out when I went out to feed all.  It is breezy and in the mid 60's!!  We get a couple days of nicer weather - good time to get things done outside finally.
Just a short post to show how to make something from almost nothing.  I used a leftover and dribs and drabs of other things - and made a new product that was yummy.
I saw a post on FB about 'broc'amoli - using broccoli instead of avocado.

So I did my own version.  I had about a cup of leftover cooked broccoli, so I threw it in the blender with some sour cream that needed used, a couple tablespoons of nacho cheese in a jar, and a dash or two of taco sauce.  Blended it all up together and the above picture is the result.
I had it over beans and rice - it took away some of the spicey bite.  I had it over salad as a dressing, and I finished it off with nacho chips.

This would be a great way to use up any leftover cooked veggie and hide it, for those who may not like veggies.
You could use as I did, or on sandwiches, on burritos, a dip for fresh veggies, etc.
Mine ended up the consistency of a thick ranch dressing.  You can add or delete whatever you have, so change up texture and consistency.  It was completely smooth and showed no sign of broccoli!  I got a very faint taste of broccoli - probably could have added more cheese or spice and changed that.

Just another idea of using up this and that to not waste and have a new item on your table.
This was very tasty and I will use leftover veggies this way again!
So there you go - use up those leftovers and get creative.  It can be fun, not just regular food item!
Makes a somewhat healthy dip/dressing.

Have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. Hugs to you too, Cheryl 🤗

    Susan in the Northwest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool idea, Cheryl. I've not thought about my blender in a long time. Thank you.

    We're looking at cooler with rain. :)
    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good! I like spicy foods. Barbara M.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Right up my alley. Leftover sauteed mushrooms/onions/chicken was finished up on a naan pizza last wk with butter chicken sauce on the bottom & feta cheese on top. Delicious! Yesterday the last 2 tortillas were spread with tuna salad mixed with the last bits & bobs of Boursin & cheddar cheese, rolled around dill pickle. Great picnic lunch. And the last of a jar of homemade dill pickles was used in the Polish dill pickle soup. I love finishing up the bits & bobs. Cool foggy morning before the heat peaks at ~30C today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have just given us another great idea! Homemade dips and salad dressings are far superior to anything boughten.

    Gorgeous day! We are headed to Costco to pick up the Farmer's glasses and couple other things. Hope to work a while in the gardens when we get back.

    Erin was going to go to a Fever game tonight but found out the nosebleed seats are still $40. She opted to go to an Indian's game this afternoon. Way cheaper and will be out in the nice weather. We haven't been to a sporting event in years. I would like to see the Fever play, but too much $$$, too many people and too much noise for these old ears. The Farmer has found games on tv, so that works. ha! Staying in the comfort of our home seems the best idea.

    Enjoy this perfect weather!

    ReplyDelete