Thursday, July 30, 2026

Don't Let Things Pass You by

 Good morning all.  Hope you are all well.
It is another lovely morning here.  Cool, light breeze and the sun is up.  Yesterday was a glorious day.  I just love these days where the weather cooperates.

I have seen others mention a problem on Blogger, and I see it as well.  It is not updating posts as it should.  It is seriously affecting readers and views.  I have to actually go to the blogs I read each day to see if something new is posted (click on blog name), as my Blogger list does not update for a couple of days.
Just a reminder I always post on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings.  So if your list doesn't show anything - just come and look.  There will be a new post.
So, that said, Blogger get it together!  It is aggravating.


I want to post a poem, that I think we will all appreciate and it is also a great reminder of what we might just let pass us by each day.

Unaware, We Pass "Him" By
On life's busy thoroughfares
We meet with angels unawares --
But we are too busy to listen or hear,
Too busy to sense that God is near,
Too busy to stop and recognize
The grief that lies in another's eyes.
Too busy to offer to help or share,
Too busy to sympathize or care,
Too busy to do the good things we should,
Telling ourselves we would if we could,
But life is too swift and the pace is too great
And we dare not pause for we might be late
For our next appointment which means so much,
We are willing to brush off the Savior's touch,
And we will tell ourselves there will come a day
We will have more time to pause on our way.
But before we know it "life's sun has set"
And we've passed the Saviour but never met,
For hurrying along life's thoroughfare
We passed Him by and remained unaware
That within the very sight of our eye,
Unnoticed, the Son of God passed by.
Helen Steiner Rice

Seriously, probably my favorite poet. I think this just says everything and we ALL do it.  We always think tomorrow - well, today is what matters.
I often think that God has told us that we will turn Him away, unaware.  That crying child, a homeless person, a friend that just needs an ear, an elderly person who needs a hand ..........  I know we can't and don't always stop or do something.  Life and experiences have turned us, and we are much too skeptical today.  But maybe, just maybe we need to pay a little more attention and do a little more.  We truly are entertaining God, as we are from Him.
***********

I also want to share these words - as I know they will help many of you.  They are the words on I card I received from my friend Laurie - and it is probably the best card I have ever received - as it says it all so truly.

During this time....
There will be hugs
There will be tears
There will be people who don't know what to say
And some who can still make you laugh.
There will be pictures and keepsakes,
Memories and stories ---
Some you have never heard and some you will never hear enough.
There will be sorrow.
There will be celebration.
But, most of all, there will be love, the kind that never ends.

Isn't that perfect?  Truer words were never spoken.  We each receive and perceive all kinds of things when dealing with a loss.  Some good and some bad.  We just need to know that we are still loved - not just by God, but by others (some we don't even know).

Has anyone heard from Cookie recently?  I checked on her a couple weeks or so ago, and she was trying to adjust to this new stage in life - but I just recently sent a couple e-mails and have heard nothing.  If you have seen her post or have talked to her, please let me know.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and stay safe.
Make sure you check on our normal days to see new posts.
Be blessed and be AWARE!


6 comments:

  1. Being awake for every Blessing and every moment is definitely an awareness that requires daily attention. I spent much of my 30s in the conversion of negativity to positivity. And that little bugger can easily rear up if allowed.

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, are you right. It does require constant attention and negativity can rear its ugly head easily. I went through a similar phase and so glad, I have the positivity in my life today.

      Delete
  2. It's easy to be too self-centered, not in a bad way, just unconscious of others. "Busy" is the name of the game these days. It's hard for me to get through my daily to-do list, I get worn out half way down the page!

    There is a special hour almost every morning: there is a med I need to take on an empty stomach and then wait an hour before my breakfast. Most mornings I go right back to bed after giving the cat a snack. Then I spend a good part of that hour in prayer which sometimes drifts off into sleep, but comes back alive again in more prayer. At first it made me crazy to have to wait an hour but now I treasure that time.

    I hope Cookie is doing ok.

    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUSY always seems to be the buzz word. We all need to realize that 'our' list can wait until tomorrow if need be.
      It is amazing what prayer can do for us and others! That sounds like a special time. I do that outside every morning - commune with nature and pray. It starts the day in a positive way.
      I sure hope all is well with her as well.

      Delete
  3. Excellent post! We can't let ourselves get too busy, too caught up in the negative of this world, to not see and enjoy our blessings. Fatigue, whether physical or mental, can creep in and steal your joy. We know from Psalms 91 that the Father sends his messengers to guard us. The adversary will do everything he can to distract us from the joy the Creator intended for us to have. Miss Elle and Miss MaryB both address the issue of being aware of our blessings. James 4:7 "Submit therefore to God and stand against Satan, and he will flee from you."

    Lovely day! At times I can almost smell fall approaching. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We all get too caught up in our own worlds at times. It sure can let the negative in - in just a blink of an eye. God always has us protected, but we do need to pay attention and allow those protections to cover us. Great scripture.
      It is so beautiful out today. Joy to the world!!!!!

      Delete