Thursday, August 13, 2026

Living is the Important Part - Stop the Worry

 Hello all.  Hope you are all safe, well and dry if in the areas of rain and flooding.
It is a cooler morning again, have to like that.  Yesterday I actually got to keep the AC off all day.  We did get a lot more rain yesterday afternoon.  My area just got rain - no major wind this time.  There is sooooo very much flooding going on - it is horrible.  People have water in their homes and vehicles - so much loss.  It makes me so sad for them all.  All good here.  And guess what?  More rain coming - each day for the next few.
I have windows open at the moment, but that will end later on.

I sure did not want to get out of bed this morning.  Gosh, it felt so comfortable for some reason.  Bits must have been the same way - he didn't come wake me as normal.
I had to run Rocky racoon off this morning - don't plan on sharing the kitty food with it!  It makes an appearance every couple weeks.

Words to live by!!!  Not always an easy thing I know.  I have to catch myself at times, and then I stop and pray - God Your will be done.  I just have to put things in His hands many times.  I don't have the power to change a lot in this world.  I wish I did.  All the worrying we do, generally will not change a thing!  PERIOD!
I think many people spend more time worrying and fretting than living.  Each day is a gift, so please do not waste it.  
Many of you gals DO live and have a lovely life.  I am so happy for that - traveling, family gatherings, your singings, volunteering, just staying in touch with neighbors, being a role model for young ones, etc..  All kinds of things can encompass your life - just do something.  Enjoy each day.
Go look at the flowers or the birds or nature in general.  Do a little gardening, sing around the house, dance a little (great exercise), walk, visit with someone, eat the food, call someone, just LIVE!
Life is precious and we have a limited time, which is unknown.  So make it the best.

I know a lot of people are going through a lot - whether it be illness, job loss, flooding, fires, family crisis's - but here you are reading this.  You are here and you are alive, that is huge.  Each and every day is a blessing.
Look at the smaller things that happen in life - they may really be the big things.  We have each and every one been through our worst day ever at some point in our lives, and odds are it won't be the last one.  Yet here we are.  There is a reason you are here.  You all know I have tremendous faith in the Lord, and I believe God has a plan for each of us.  We don't know what it is - but every step we take forward is part of that plan.

I pray you each have a good day and are all well.  Donna, unlike you not to be on here every day - hope all is OK with you.

May your day be good, and may you show kindness and love to others.
HUGS and SMILES!

8 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, you are so right. Complaining, b*tching, and moaning never really got me anywhere, nor did worrying - plus, all those have made ugly wrinkles on my face! Remember it's all in the lap of the Lord, and just keep doing your best. Give thanks for every little good thing that comes your way. Let the Lord know that you appreciate the gifts he gives.

    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure doesn't. It also harms us, like you say - inside and out. Physical (inside & out) mental, spiritual, oh so many ways.
      God's will. He will provide for us, and keep us in Hid protections.
      We are so blessed in so very many ways every single day.
      May we all give thanks!

      Delete
  2. Your message today was just what I needed. Kinda like a kick in the pants for me! Thank you, Cheryl
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, that makes my day. So glad it spoke to you.
      I hope you have a wonderful week and live it up a little!!!!

      Delete

  3. I haven’t been here long enough to really know Donna, but I hope she is OK.

    I’ve been a worrier all my life but I’m less so now. I’ve realized that most things are not worrying about. On health issues I put myself in God’s hands. My anger on so many things in this world has not subsided, however, and I do what I can (donations, voting, contacting people who can make a difference) to make myself feel that I’m doing what is in my power to change things. To me that is being a citizen. Barbara M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna generally always posts something every day - it is now 2 days. Hope it may be something weather related and not anything else.
      We do what we can and then the world takes over. Yes mam, being a good citizen and doing what we should - then what will be will be. I still have to believe whatever it is, it if all part of the plan. That is just how I manage not to get so angry.
      I have gotten much better about worry as I have aged.

      Delete
  4. Love the little duck! The duck is pretty smart...ha! Late to the party today. I would have liked to have laid in the bed a bit (lot) longer. Appreciate you wondering where the heck I had gone...ha! Had an earlyish appointment with my primary care doc and she was running waaay behind. At least you know she will spend more than adequate time with you when it's your turn. She is going into a new practice so we will have a new primary care next year. We only go once a year.

    It sounds like a lot of us do live a pretty good life. Most ladies seem to be sensible and level-headed, while still enjoying themselves. I get good ideas (tons of them) from you as well as your readers. It's a very good community. Years ago, I was involved in a home economics club as an adult and didn't learn near as much as from your blog.

    The Farmer's 77th birthday is tomorrow and he requested fried chicken. Cutting up chickens in the morning, and may oven fry them. Easier and less mess. Think I may cut off the remaining corn cobs and make a creamed corn dish.

    Hope you didn't have any storm damage. The people who have moved to the U.S. from the U.K. are amazed at the rainstorms we get. One fellow moved to Indiana and he loves the beauty of our fair state.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just came back over here and was going to ask Cheryl if you lived in an area with flooding - since I think you and Cheryl have mentioned you live fairly close. Glad you are OK. Much of the UK is desperate for rain. Barbara M.

      Delete