Thursday, October 8, 2026

Be the Word - Be the Change

 Hello to all - so happy to have you here.  I hope you are all safe and well this fine day.
This morning it is 54*F and fairly clear.  I have been out already to feed everyone, fed Bits, had my breakfast drink, and contimplating the day.
Yesterday was another beautiful day here.  Full blue skies and sunny.  It got into the low 80's yesterday.  Today should be in the 70's.  I was looking at a forecast prediction map for my area - and the rest of the month looks pretty darn good.  Nothing cold and nothing too hot.  I am loving this.

I challenge everyone today to be the ONE that CHANGES someone's day!  Be the one with a kind word, a smile, a helping hand, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry one, etc.  Be the one.  It could change NOT just a day for someone, but perhaps a week or month - even a life!  That is pretty huge, considering it could possibly just take something little on our part.
We have no idea what is going on in other people's lives behind closed doors.  It could be anything.  Health issues, abuse, financial woes, spiritual struggles, loneliness, depression, anything.
Just something as small as a smile or kind word, could maybe make them realize that they are seen or heard and that they matter!
What a gift to give.  AND it costs you nothing!  AND it could be the best gift someone ever received!

I am so grateful to have you all here.  I love to see new people comment.  I earn nothing from this little blog, but I receive so much.  I see lives that are helped, lives that are touched, and I see strangers that have become caring and thoughtful friends - from all over the world and all walks of life.  That makes me smile each and every day!!!!  THANK YOU!

I hope you all have a great weekend and remainder of the week.  May you enjoy good weather and safety, and wishing you all health and happiness.
Go out and make a change!!!!
💖💖💖

30 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! You are right, Cheryl, there's no telling what others are going through, and what our behaviour can mean to them.

    The birthday cake turned out well. It wasn't quite as big as I remember, so I think you're right, the box mix now has less in it than many years ago, so needs fewer eggs than in the past. But it was tasty and the chocolate glaze was just right. I was pleased that I had ancient chocolate, old Baker's Chocolate squares from years ago. One was all I needed to make the glaze so I have more for another day.
    MaryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It can change everything for some.
      YAY - I knew you would make it work. Everything is downgraded in size anymore - so we have to be careful and watch.
      Glad it was a success and that you still have chocolate squares left!

      Delete
  2. A kind word, a gesture can make a person's day. My neighbor Karen said she has seen Jesus in some of the people who work at the heart hospital where she has been for over a week. That should be our goal...genuine reflection of love for the Messiah.

    Your posts are interesting and actually very friendly. Just like you! Who wants to read about someone's $$$$ they spend? I have noticed on Instagram that ladies are featuring older homes and are unapologetic for not following the latest tend. It seems the 1980's and 1990's (and older) have returned! Same way with their wardrobe.

    Today is beautiful! Yesterday was nice too, but windy. We sat in the sukkah for a while and the curtains that I hung were really flapping around. Going to hand some clothes on the line today.

    We have green beans left so I am going to make a lentil vegetable soup for lunch. Should have enough for tomorrow.

    Enjoy your weekend! See you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - our aim is to be 'Christ' like when we can be. No way we can be the same - but we can try!
      Well, I have always heard that all things go back around every 30 years or so, and I believe it. Guess I am right in line!!! LOL - with my old things.
      It is gorgeous out. I sure do appreciate each of these days - someday in the near future we will be thinking longingly about them! Soup sounds good! Enjoy

      Delete
  3. You are truly an inspiration to so many. You have helped me so often and lifted me up when I needed lifting. Bless you my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind. Thank you. I am glad that God put us together before it was needed and that we have truly helped each other over the miles.

      Delete
  4. I’m sitting at a bus stop (just missed my bus). I’ll say an encounter from yesterday. Waiting for the bus to go to the cemetery where my mom is buried, I began talking to a young black woman. I asked her if she was going to work. (The bus was late.) No she was going to school. We sat together on the bus. She said she was studying to be a nurse. I encouraged her. When she got off at the local community college she said she enjoyed talking with me. I enjoyed talking with her, too. Barbara M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the things I call God nudges. He puts us where we should be and we click. That is too neat. Here you are talking about her the day after, so she made an impression on you, and I bet you did on her as well. Love it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Cheryl, you have a beautiful blog! I am a new follower, and I really love when people throw positivity and kindness out into the world. I enjoy writing about such things myself. I just restarted my blog after several years away. You are so right It doesn't take much to be kind but it can mean the world to someone else. Thank you for your thought for the day! Have a nice day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Delisa - glad you found yourself here. I love getting to meet all you gals. Thank you so much for your kind words.
      Being positive, seems to be the best way - negativity just looks and feels ugly. I like adding a little beauty to the world.
      I will have to check out your blog.
      Again, thank you and I hope you enjoy being here.

      Delete
  6. This blog is such wonderful bright spot in my day, thank you. Yes, doing something for others always makes my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahhhh thank you! I enjoy it, and I sure appreciates and enjoy all of you! I like that - "makes my heart smile".

      Delete
  7. I have always been one to say thank you when someone holds a door open for me, hold doors open for others and have been known to talk to complete strangers in the grocery store (no wonder it takes me hours to shop now). I always say have a great day to cashiers who many a time look very surprised by that.
    Positivity is the only way sometimes to get through a day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your last sentence says it all!!!!!!
      Little gestures do mean so much to others. They sure do to me. I guess I got my 'dad's gift' as well, he never knew a stranger. I have gotten to be that way the older I have gotten. I talk to everyone! One thing you mentioned - I always thank the cashiers - but they rarely say thank you to the customers! I have always thought about that. Kind of sad.

      Delete
    2. Now that I have a head full of gray hair, young men hold the door for me. I always say thank you and usually add, "Your mother brought you up right!" Always gets a smile. The other day, a guy replied, "Yes, she did!"

      Delete
  8. Cheryl, you are the best, love you, Hilogene in Az.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Hilgene, you are so sweet. Love ya back girl. Good to see you post!

      Delete
  9. As always, a GREAT blog…thank you! I’ll share something that I love to do: while waiting for my groceries to be scanned I ask the checker “When is your next day off?” It is a simple question but recognizes that this PERSON has a life outside of their job. Often I hear about family, hobbies, events etc. and I get blessed in the connection. (Another conversation starter is “When do you get off work/do you have a long commute?).
    So many of the people serving us must feel unseen and it is such an easy gesture….doesn’t cost us a cent or slow down the line but is a way to be encouraging! Conni


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Conni
      Those are lovely things to ask and connect with someone. It sure lets them know you see them as a person, not just someone to wait on you.
      I often ask when they get off - especially on a pretty day. Telling them I hope they get to enjoy some of the lovely weather.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  10. I love stopping by to sit on your virtual porch. I've learnt a lot of things (I rushed to look up Sukkah when Donna mentioned it today) and people are so friendly here.
    I fully agree about people feeling unseen. Last week my lovely daughter took me to see the Bayeux Tapestry in London. A group of about 20 of us were gathered together and a museum worker started a talk by saying "Hello". Myself and my daughter said "Hello," back and the guy's face lit up. My daughter commented on how we were the only people who acknowledged him and how happy it had made him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have you 'sit' awhile! I tend to learn something new all the time. I love how diverse the group is.
      Isn't that something - something so small as a hello. Glad it made him happy and maybe made his day! People take so much and so many for granted. Those little gestures are just common courtesy in my book.

      Delete
  11. My guy, who lives 350 miles away and I don't see often enough, sends me a good morning text every single day and has for the last 14 months. It means more to me than I can explain.

    Yesterday, a friend and I tried all day to get in touch with a third friend from our pinochle group. No answer. This was very odd for her and I was pretty sure she was at home. She is 85 and lives alone. We finally connected this morning. I told her that henceforth I was going to call every single morning to check on her, and if to call if she didn't hear from me. She was thrilled.

    Our mutual friend commented that when her mother was alive, she was one of 5 widows that an older gentleman checked on every single morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one text or call each day can mean so much. I am glad you get them and now will give them. I used to talk to my momma every single day at the same time. She knew it was coming, and we both enjoyed it so much.
      My brother called last week on both my home and cell (I didn't hear that) and left a message (which I didn't see till later). I finally called him back when I saw the message, and he said - I was about to leave to come up and make sure you were ok. That made me feel good. People care and check on us, because they love us.

      Delete
    2. My dad called his mom every evening. Just to check. She lived alone, and had broken her hip so she didn't get around much.
      My old boss called two old lady customers every day for some years. They both lived alone and he felt someone needed to check on them as they hadn't family nearby.
      Then later, I called that same boss every day, just to check on him when he was old and infirm and losing his sight.
      MaryB

      Delete
    3. I LOVE this! So many kind and caring people.

      Delete
  12. I feel the same way about blogging as you do. I try to spread a little kindness every day. We never know what burden someone is carrying and sometimes a smile or word of encouragement can change their whole day. Blessings to you- Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like such a little thing - but it can just make someone else's day. Why not? I love happy and upbeat blogs - there is enough negative out there, I sure will not choose to read it 'for fun'.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  13. A moment of kindness whether it be a word or action can make a difference in someone's life. Thank you for having such a positive, uplifting blog and an atmosphere of friendship. Have a blessed weekend. Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela. Thank you for your kind words. I sure appreciate that.
      Yes mam, it takes so little and it can do huge things.
      You as well!

      Delete