We have had that up and down weather again all week. I got to turn off the heat on Thursday and open a window - then back to cold. It dropped about 35 degrees in 24 hours. This next week sounds like it is going to be real soggy - predicting 4" - 6" of rain!!!! For the record, I will say I am glad that isn't going to be snow! It is also going to be in the 50's and 60's most of the week.
I would love to get outside and do some yard cleaning - but it is just so muddy. It will get worse during the week, so I guess it will have to wait.
The other day we had 11 PAIRS of cardinals in the back yard. It was just a gorgeous sight! Love watching nature.
My frugal week:
- Changed out the shower curtain, just to change up the look for spring. (Had it here)
- Made soup with leftover chicken and noodles
- Made dip
- Made my own enchilada sauce for a dinner this week - so easy
- We got one of those big tins of varied popcorn for Christmas. Opened it and ate the popcorn, and now I have another pretty tin for storage!!!
- Cleaned out the frig thoroughly
- Took down the valances in living room and dining room and laundered. Spring cleaning! They look so fresh now!
- Had the heat off one day and aired out the house
- Went to Menards for squirrel/bird feed. They had a great sale and it was so much cheaper than the feed store
- On to Sam's. Spent a chunk of change - but I am stocked on items I normally get there for at least one year if not two. (Not sure I will renew membership). I did get $29 in instant rebates!
- I found a dime and a quarter on the ground! Now in my change jar.
- Scoured the hard wood floors
- Found a little light I had gotten for FREE at Harbor Freight ages ago. It is perfect for my upstairs pantry. The pantry is deep and has no light - so I always have to turn on DR chandelier to see. This light hangs on the spice rack on the door and it is bright! Works great. Oh why didn't I figure this out sooner??????????
Meals this past week:
Chicken /noodles, mashed potatoes and corn
Soup made with leftover chicken/noodles
Pancakes and bacon
Roast chicken and side salad
Mac n cheese, jalapeno smoked sausage and salad
Homemade enchiladas (including sauce)
Spaghetti and meatballs and garlic toast
Leftovers eaten for lunch. Snacks included popcorn, veggies and dip, apples/peanut butter, and pickles and olives.
How was your week? What did you do frugal this week? I love hearing from everyone!
May you and your family be blessed in the coming week.
Stay healthy and safe and frugal my friends.