Wednesday, October 16, 2024

OUT? - Never fear - Make it!

 Good chilly Wednesday morning!  Chilly day here again.  No frost in my area last night.  Some outer areas did get it though.
Yesterday was the outdoor luncheon.  Well, on my way there - it started sleeting!  Yep.  Then sun popped out for a minute after getting there, and then it poured rain and got much colder (only rain received in Oct. - go figure).  Thank goodness for the shelter house!  We did have a good time & pizza and goodies, but it was so cooooold.  I met a couple people I didn't really know, and that was a definite meant to meet for one of them.  Some people just show up in our lives when it is meant to be (or we show up in theirs).  That is a whole other story!!
                                                         What a fun scarecrow or yard art!

Today let us talk a bit about some easy things to make when you run out.  We can make so many things at home, yet we tend to go for convenience.  We are all guilty of that.  I know I am.
I like knowing how to make things myself.  Sometimes (often) the homemade version is even better.


STIR FRYE SAUCE
Easy-peasy!  This is simple but makes a tasty sauce for stir fry veggies/meat.  Use on any meal you would normally use store bought sauce.  Raises the level of taste!  I have used this often - as the sauces at the store just cost too much IMO.

HOMEMADE MAYO

Click on directions to enlarge print for easy reading.
Super easy.  You can play around with this and add other ingredients for a different 'flavor'.  This is just so easy and really does taste good.
*I use whatever olive oil I have on hand

SYRUP
Click to enlarge
It really is easy and good.  G used to like this better than store bought - unless we were lucky enough to have had pure maple syrup.


NO Manwich!
No problem - make your own SLOPPY JOE
This is how I make sloppy Joe here at home.  Have made my own for years.  Now I also use a good dash of Worcestershire sauce too - gives it a nice tang.
Actually, I don't really measure anything - LOL.  That is me.   I have made it so many times, that I can just add ingredients and know it will be yummy.
This does however, give a good base to start.

We will continue to add recipes over time on 'how to' make your own.  It sure can save time and money.
Do you have any certain thing you would like a HOMEMADE VERSION RECIPE for?
Let me know and it will be added to the list and posted soon.

Have a lovely day and SMILE!

3 comments:

  1. Cute picture this morning! I have made sloppy joes from scratch for ever. And back in the day I made my own syrup. I am also guilty of going for conveniences when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved the pic! I am guilty often as well.
      Sloppy joe is just so easy and it tastes so much better than the canned mix.
      I think we are all guilty a lot!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipes! Mimi in KY

    ReplyDelete