This week work started on the house next door (the rental most recently vacated). A couple weeks ago a hand made for sale sign went up with an unbelievably LOW asking price - and it was removed within 4 hours. House SOLD!!!!! Had there been a little more time to think about it - I do believe we would have considered it. All that extra land (and extra garage) would have been great - and for the price, the house would have been great for anything - rental, a huge pantry, you name it! Obviously, it wasn't meant to be.
BUT any way - it has now been gutted and he is putting in new windows. He is really working to improve it and then find good renters.
He seems like a really nice young man and very motivated.
The weather got really cold this week. We have had a dusting of snow once. Rain is coming into our area today. Decent temps should prevail for a few days then back to frigid!
The squirrels have sure been hungry. I have several squirrels that now come running up to me when they see me come out and beg! They are taking food right from my hand. They are so darned cute.
My frugal week:
- I got out my Christmas sweatshirts and fluffed them - all ready for wear.
- I emptied and put away the last rain barrel before the temps dropped
- Cleaned and refilled all the heated water bowls and bird bath. **I also bought another one for $15 when I went to Rural King (also bought a GC for a gift). Critters and kitties need their water!
- I had a bulb burn out on the garage security light. The bulb broke off from the socket part, and I couldn't get out (it had been screwed in for years). G remembered he a tool that might help in garage - I got it out and it worked! So glad I didn't have to pay someone to help me. I got it all fixed on my own. (Oh, I tried the potato trick - it didn't work!)
- Started the week by doing laundry in cold water and hanging most of it in the basement to dry.
- Went to Aldi and used the $10/$40 coupon. I got all stocked up on snacks, specialty crackers and cheeses for our upcoming get togethers and probably for the next 2-3 months.
- Received a FREE magazine in the mail. Not sure who is sending them - I didn't order!
- Worked on a blanket my gr. niece wanted me to make for her brother in-law (like her son). It has been a major pain because it's huge - but I am mainly done. Just a few minor adjustments to be made.
- Filled my gas tank (even though I had a half tank) getting ready for the frigid cold. Saved .10 gallon. Didn't have many points to use as so little grocery shopping last month.
- Made some bread/pizza sticks from frozen pizza dough I had. Rolled into bread stick size - oiled - sprinkled with parm. and Kosher salt and baked. Served with pizza sauce on the side.
- All meals from home
- Got the cards all addressed - just need to run down to the P.O. tomorrow
- Received a $10/$10 Kohl's coupon in the mail - will use it this week for a gift
Leftover pizza casserole and salad
Sausage gravy with biscuits and fried eggs
Soup beans with ham and homemade cornbread (2X)
Homemade super supreme pizza (I put everything on that baby)
Smoked sausage, fried potatoes/turnips/onions combo (yum)
Beef/potato/cheese casserole, bread sticks w/sauce
I really have to get everything wrapped up for Christmas this week - time is just slipping away. I still haven't started baking, so I definitely need to do that. I just feel like I need my batteries charged!!! I have no gumption for any of this at all this year. I love Christmas, so I think it all stems from the loss of my brother.
I am looking forward to a new year and a new outlook for myself!
Are you ready for Christmas? Have you started baking? Are you done with the shopping and crafting? PLEASE check in and let us know what you have been up to.
I pray you all have a wonderfully safe and healthy week. Blessings my friends.
I always wondered if the potato trick worked. So glad you were able to fix it yourself! I always say I break it and my husband fixes it. I know that I should try to do more.ReplyDelete
Vickie I had always wondered about the potato too. All I managed to do was ruin a perfectly good potato!Delete
My husband would, but his disability prevents it. I have learned to do all kinds of repairs myself - it is amazing what we can do when we have too.
Have a great week.
Good morning Cheryl,ReplyDelete
This Christmas is going to be a simple one here. I have done no baking and plan to do it in the days just before Christmas. We need to buy 3 gifts and plan to do that this week at JCPenney and will use some coupons.
I am sure the loss of your brother is weighing heavy.
I had a silly reason for feeling weighed down last week, for 3 days I mistakenly took my husband's muscle relaxer pill instead of my blood pressure pill. I was so sleepy those days and couldn't get anything done. So I'm glad I figured out my mistake and I will be much more careful doling out prescriptions 😱
Rhonda simple it will be here as well. I plan on finishing errands today.Delete
Oh my on taking the wrong pill!! Glad that nothing worse than getting sleepy happened. I guess, at least your blood pressure stayed low! You are very lucky.
Have a fantastic day.
I have all but seven gifts wrapped. I still have a mince pie, saltine toffee, and brownies to make. The Christmas breads and judges are done. I am beginning to see a daylight. I still have to buy for my husband but we just do stockings filled with dollar store items so I am not stressed about that. Have a Merry Christmas.ReplyDelete
I have addressed 3 cards and will get to the mail today. I put out a few more decorations. I'm waiting till next week or maybe this weekend to start my baking or whatever I decide to make. Just trying not to stress myself out by saying to myself "I gotta do this and that".ReplyDelete
What magazine did you get?Delete
Laurie I got a Good Housekeeping magazine. Have gotten one last month as well.Delete
I don't want to stress over stuff either. If I get it done - I get it done!
Have a great one!
Sandy - I have none wrapped! Most of mine go into bags and baskets. A few to wrap for kids.ReplyDelete
G and I decided years ago not to buy for each other any more. Pretty much get what we want when we want it - no sense spending money on things we don't need.
I like your idea of just stocking gifts!
Have a great day.
The above noted factors are just a few of the many who you may need to take into consideration, whilst trying to determine whether or not you should develop your personal weight loss program or join a paid weight loss plan. http://musclegainfast.com/leanfire-xt-reviews/ReplyDelete
Christmas is going to be simple this year for us too. A few years ago I started buying magazine subscriptions forReplyDelete
everyone. They enjoy receiving them I don't have to pay postage and they can toss them if they don't want them.
My Grandmother always got me readers digest, I really loved it. This year I found I could earn some of the magazines on rewards gold by doing surveys. I think recycle bank also lets you do that. I mailed my Brothers box off at the 1st of the month. I could not find the wrapping paper then so I just sewed gift bags out of fabric. I also sent him a 2 foot tree, Gold ornaments,red bows,candy canes,a nativity and Christmas candy from the dollar store. I sent him a hat,beannie, gloves, 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants and
a stocking filled with a few things. He is a disabled vet so if I don't send him Christmas it does not happen. He was so happy and excited. The clothes were second hand but in great shape. He does not mind. I buy
thing little by little for him.
I just need to put the few gifts I need to wrap in bags
I saved from last year.
I made sweetened condensed milk last night so I can make fudge Saturday. I will also make cookies from a cake mix as we have a cookie exchange Sun and just want to make something simple. I already have all the sprinkles and decorations for the cookies.
I hope the rest of your week is blessed.