This week work started on the house next door (the rental most recently vacated). A couple weeks ago a hand made for sale sign went up with an unbelievably LOW asking price - and it was removed within 4 hours. House SOLD!!!!! Had there been a little more time to think about it - I do believe we would have considered it. All that extra land (and extra garage) would have been great - and for the price, the house would have been great for anything - rental, a huge pantry, you name it! Obviously, it wasn't meant to be.
BUT any way - it has now been gutted and he is putting in new windows. He is really working to improve it and then find good renters.
He seems like a really nice young man and very motivated.
The weather got really cold this week. We have had a dusting of snow once. Rain is coming into our area today. Decent temps should prevail for a few days then back to frigid!
The squirrels have sure been hungry. I have several squirrels that now come running up to me when they see me come out and beg! They are taking food right from my hand. They are so darned cute.
My frugal week:
- I got out my Christmas sweatshirts and fluffed them - all ready for wear.
- I emptied and put away the last rain barrel before the temps dropped
- Cleaned and refilled all the heated water bowls and bird bath. **I also bought another one for $15 when I went to Rural King (also bought a GC for a gift). Critters and kitties need their water!
- I had a bulb burn out on the garage security light. The bulb broke off from the socket part, and I couldn't get out (it had been screwed in for years). G remembered he a tool that might help in garage - I got it out and it worked! So glad I didn't have to pay someone to help me. I got it all fixed on my own. (Oh, I tried the potato trick - it didn't work!)
- Started the week by doing laundry in cold water and hanging most of it in the basement to dry.
- Went to Aldi and used the $10/$40 coupon. I got all stocked up on snacks, specialty crackers and cheeses for our upcoming get togethers and probably for the next 2-3 months.
- Received a FREE magazine in the mail. Not sure who is sending them - I didn't order!
- Worked on a blanket my gr. niece wanted me to make for her brother in-law (like her son). It has been a major pain because it's huge - but I am mainly done. Just a few minor adjustments to be made.
- Filled my gas tank (even though I had a half tank) getting ready for the frigid cold. Saved .10 gallon. Didn't have many points to use as so little grocery shopping last month.
- Made some bread/pizza sticks from frozen pizza dough I had. Rolled into bread stick size - oiled - sprinkled with parm. and Kosher salt and baked. Served with pizza sauce on the side.
- All meals from home
- Got the cards all addressed - just need to run down to the P.O. tomorrow
- Received a $10/$10 Kohl's coupon in the mail - will use it this week for a gift
Leftover pizza casserole and salad
Sausage gravy with biscuits and fried eggs
Soup beans with ham and homemade cornbread (2X)
Homemade super supreme pizza (I put everything on that baby)
Smoked sausage, fried potatoes/turnips/onions combo (yum)
Beef/potato/cheese casserole, bread sticks w/sauce
I really have to get everything wrapped up for Christmas this week - time is just slipping away. I still haven't started baking, so I definitely need to do that. I just feel like I need my batteries charged!!! I have no gumption for any of this at all this year. I love Christmas, so I think it all stems from the loss of my brother.
I am looking forward to a new year and a new outlook for myself!
Are you ready for Christmas? Have you started baking? Are you done with the shopping and crafting? PLEASE check in and let us know what you have been up to.
I pray you all have a wonderfully safe and healthy week. Blessings my friends.