Wednesday, March 15, 2023

It REALLY is Coming!!!!!!!

 Good day my friends.  I know most people are so ready for spring weather.  It sure seems that the weather has been a yo-yo this year.  We had the warmest weather in ages for winter and now days before springs arrival we get some of our coldest!  Go figure.
It is OK - I have seen hard frost and snow in May - thus the reason in our area that they say never plant garden before Mother's Day!!  Daddy always said the ground wasn't warm enough till later in May.  I go somewhere in between!
By the way - daddy always had the biggest and the best garden ever - even planting later.  
Today and the next couple days will be warmer and maybe sunny!!!!!  Then come Friday (again) rain and cold come back!!!
For everything there is a season.  I thought you might enjoy this today.


AFTER THE WINTER.....GOD SENDS THE SPRING
By: Helen Steiner Rice

Springtime is a season
    Of hope and Joy and cheer,
There's beauty all around us
    To see and touch and hear....
So, no matter how downhearted
    And discouraged we may be,
New Hope is born when we behold
    Leaves budding on a tree....
Or when we see a timid flower
    Push through the frozen sod
And open wide in glad surprise
    It's petaled eyes to God....
For this is just God saying --
"Lift up your eyes to Me.
And the bleakness of your spirit,
    Like the budding springtime tree,
Will lose its wintery darkness
    And your heavy heart will sing" --
For God never sends the Winter
    Without the Joy of Spring.

         The world will reawaken in God's time.  It always does.  Just be patient and have faith.

The same works for each of us.  There is darkness and gloom and weariness that gets us down - but faith says - God will pick us up and give us a brighter and happier day.  It doesn't happen overnight - but it will happen.
Never lose faith.  The storms of life are forever changing and so are we.  We evolve and we grow.  Not always as we thought we would, nor is life what we thought it might be.  I do believe it all has purpose - even though we do not understand now.

I love you all.  God loves you all.  Take a deep breath and know brighter days are ahead.
Spring will be here in all its forms SOON!

32 comments:

  1. Lovely post, thank you! Hilogene in Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so because I am really sick of snow and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. I don't know how people that have no faith get through life's trials. We can't plant outside until after Memorial Day for fear of freezing weather. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana I am the same way. Faith just keeps me going even in the worst times.
      Frost is random any more - it will become time though.

      Delete
  4. Totally agree with Miss Diana...how on earth do folks who have no faith survive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I don't think I would be here if it were not for faith.

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful, Cheryl, and ever-so-needed today. Thank you!
    To Diana and Donna, I've often wondered the same.
    --Elise

    ReplyDelete
  6. This cold snap is normal here and we call it the Blackberry Winter. The blackberries will come on strong shortly after this and it something we have every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is normal here as well - everyone just forgets from one year to the next!!! Kind of like how to drive on snow!!!! LOL
      Love the name!

      Delete
  7. I was just thinking this week, I rarely see Christian poetry. And then you post this lovely poem by Helen Steiner Rice. Thank you!
    Good thoughts to keep in mind on this cold, rainy day. I got a bit of a sunburn on Monday visiting with family at lower elevations and today I'm wearing my snugglies.
    Ellie
    Central Az

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her poetry. I have a whole book of it. I will try to share more over various posts. She is a favorite of mine.
      Sunburn? WOW - you go girl!
      You are welcome!

      Delete
  8. Debby in Kansas USAMarch 15, 2023 at 1:31 PM

    My daffodils are ready to open, but I'm staring at my clematis and burning bush....willing then to sprout just one little green shoot!

    I posted yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful what you wish for!!!! I love seeing things come to life - but I don't want them to freeze. In time - they will sprout out! Yay on the daffies. I cut a bunch of mine - now they rest look kind of sad after the 20's!

      Delete
    2. Found yesterdays is Spam - it is published now!

      Delete
  9. This was exactly what I needed to read today. Thank you Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Off topic, but here's the breakdown for AZ grocery shoppers:
    At Basha's cabbage and red potatoes are 67 cents per lb., $2.97 lb. for fresh ground round (beef), $1.67 for bone in pork chops, $1.97 for B/S chicken breasts or thighs. There are other deals there, but those are the best. Safeway has fresh broccoli or cauliflower for 97 cents per lb., bone in whole pork shoulder roast for 97 cents per lb., digital coupons for fresh strawberries at $1.27 each 1 lb. container (limit of 2) and Lucerne shredded, sliced or chunk cheese at the same price for 6-8 oz. pkgs. (limit of 2). Safeway has now limited digital coupons to one per household. They also seem to have done away with Senior Day and Veteran's Day discounts, at least this month. In addition, there are no $5 Friday deals this week. And it seems the "sale" prices now are like last summer... not many good sales at all. Still, there are a few good deals. We're well stocked at the moment. It's rainy and windy today. Not going out.
    --Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some great deals. Super on the strawberries and the cheese. Nobody much does senior day here anymore - sadly. Hope this helps someone. Hope you get a few good deals. Sunny and pretty here today - for a change! 40's.

      Delete
    2. Thank you EM. I noticed too; no Friday deals at Safeway. I'll pick up the produce and cheese deals. They did have a $2.00 off a dozen eggs digital coupon, I used last week. Some good ones pop up there now and then. But it's looking like slim pickins.
      Ellie

      Delete
  11. Thank you Cheryl, this has given me a lot to think about today. Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Renewal and growth is for all living things. Hope you are well.

      Delete
  12. You are so inspiring, Cheryl. xo Cindy/WV

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, much comfort and truth here. I love Helen Steiner Rice and I love hearing about your daddy too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, we usually don't plant anything tender until after our long weekend in May.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post Cheryl, thank you, I appreciate your words so much. Xx

    ReplyDelete