Happy Sunday everyone. The last day of calendar winter!!!!!!! Spring starts tomorrow. Sure doesn't feel like it this morning! It is 18*F here at the moment. Our temps have been very cold and windy and full of flurries the past couple of days. YUCK! This coming week sounds to be much better.
I figured it would get cold and icky - it is March Madness time - basketball tourney - and it always happens!! It really never fails in my area.
Also, it was very chilly, windy and wet on St. Patrick's Day - that usually happens as well. Those poor folks who do the parade and those watching always get so cold.
My daffodils did great most of the week - then after Friday night temps - they went all droopy. Done for this year!
I have had another fairly quiet week. Just didn't have a lot of oomph!
- I did do another yard pick-up at the first of week. Sticks and more sticks
- Changed batteries and the furnace filter this week with the start of the time change - it is a good reminder time for that.
- Taxes are done!!!!!! I was going to do myself, and decided to let the company do them again - they are responsible if there is a problem! It is a family operation and been around for 50 years. Not sure how it keeps happening, but I am getting a really NICE refund from Federal, and I owe state $40.
- Had an old friend from my work days come by for a visit this week.
- Ran to the library while out (directly across from tax place)
- Ran to Aldi that day as well. Hadn't been there in a while. Got fruit and fresh veggies only. Saw eggs for 1/99/doz.
- I received a lovely card and a gift from a reader. I was so humbled. Thank you Hilo!
- Just doing all the regular stuff we all do
- Eating from home and using leftovers
Fried shrimp, baked potato, small salad
Beef Manhattan - yum
Chipped beef gravy over toast
Homemade pizza - 2X
Corned beef and cabbage
Rueban sandwich, chips
I was talking with a friend this week and we both agreed we have been living a boring life for a while. Just no oomph, mainly because of weather. I am making myself a promise this week to get a fire lit under my bum and accomplish a lot. Here's hoping!!
How was your week? Are you getting ready for Spring?? Silly question!!! Have you found any great bargains? Let us know what is going on in your life.
I pray that you are all safe and healthy.
Blessings from my humble little home to you and yours.
For with God nothing will be impossible.
Dear Lord, Thank You for all your gifts and blessings that we receive each day. Thank You for helping us through our darkest days and gifting us with brighter days and promise for the future. We know that through You, all is possible. Prayers for all people of this world and for peace for all.