Happy Sunday to all. Happy Thanksgiving week to all in the U.S.!
Doesn't even seem possible that it can Thanksgiving time already. I am just shaking my head in disbelief!!!! Christmas is something like 36 days away!
I hope this post finds you all well and safe.
Friday we got some much needed rain in our area. The remainder of my leaves fell! It will be a rainy start as of tomorrow for our area - and cooler - but no snow! YAY
On kitty - well, I am still not sure whether boy or girl. It is so little and so fuzzy with such long hair it is hard to tell if there are little 'nubs'! I am thinking it is a girl as I only see 2 little spots 'there'. I cannot pick up or pet when I am standing and it is on the ground! I guess I look huge! When eating on the table in greenhouse, I get to pet and have picked it up several times and cuddled. It still is very hesitant! Names - no real idea yet. From day one I have called it Lil Bit and cutey pie - so probably one of those will stick.
It sure loves Blackie! Blackie gets annoyed at times, and just goes elsewhere to lay and get away from it!!! LOL. It reminds me of the cartoon from back in the day with the little dog and the big one - the little one always up the big dogs bum!!!!!!
- As telling you earlier - I did get the painting done. The trimming was by far the worst part and took the most time - so much to go around!!! After all the sanding - EVERYTHING was covered in dust. That is STILL a work in process!!!!!!!
- I have repaired a few things and I have relocated some - redecorating a little
- Ended up delivering a car full of items to donation center - some big items that never got used or seen!
- Cleaned all perennials back to ground on the front walk/drive area
- Raked back before the rain and got 6 big black bags stuffed (to mulch later)
- After rain - swept back walk and deck AGAIN! Need one more rake!
- Cut my hair
- I went to Aldi to Christmas shop! I got several more items for baskets and some kids gifts. My only purchase for me was 2 big crowns of broccoli and cukes. Aldi has so many neat seasonal foods and items!
- I received a check in the mail I was not expecting
- I received my Kroger Magazine - full of coupons good until end of January and many recipes!!
- I also stopped at the Dollar Tree on the way home from Aldi and got the items I need to make kitchen towel angels for some gifts! I will show a picture once I get one or two done.
- Doing all the normal stuff we all do and using up the leftovers
- Still eating garden tomatoes
My menu this past week:
Cold cut sandwich and chips (I was busy)
Mac n cheese, smoked sausage and tomatoes
Chicken strips, leftover mac/cheese, tomatoes
Fish sandwich and fries
Baked potato topped with stew(freezer), cheese and sour cream
Chopped beef burger/gravy and rice-a-roni (from homemade mix), cukes/tom.
What have you been up to this week? Are you ready for Thanksgiving? Gathering at your home or someone else's? I will be going to my nieces of turkey day and then cooking for me the next day. Have you gotten any deals of late? Give us a shout and let us know what is happening in your life!
FRANCES - please check in - we are thinking of you both and praying.
This week may have an amended schedule for posts! Just keep watch.
I know many will be busy with traveling, having out of town guests, cooking and baking and such - and may not make it back for the week. IF that is you - please have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Have a wonderfully safe and healthy week to each and everyone of you!
Blessings to you and yours from my humble little home.
Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
Dear Lord, as we approach this week of thanks for our family, friends, nourishments, and all gifts - help us to be aware to thank You for our blessings.
We are thankful for all blessings, big and small. We pray for safety and health with all those traveling this week and that each one has someone to share this day of thanks with. AMEN
THANK YOU ALL for your friendship!!!!!