Wednesday, September 9, 2026

All the Same - But Yet so Different

 Hello to all this lovely Wednesday!  It is a nice morning here, the sunrise was beautiful and it is sort of cool at the moment.  We will be getting to 90* again today, the rain supposedly comes in tonight and tomorrow and cools us some.  Amazingly, after August rains - we do need the rain.  August was stupid wet - and here we are bone dry.
The daylight hours are sure getting shorter.  I heard that we lose another hour of daylight this month!  ICK!

Same alphabet, same amount of letters - yet so very different!    Kind like all of us!

Here we are, all looking for many of the same things.  Joy, happiness, love, kindness, etc.  We are all here for some of the same reasons.  We want to learn new things, we want to stretch our dollars as far as possible, we want to help others.  
So much the same - yet so much different.  
Many are married, many single, some widowed.  Some have children, others never did.  Some love to travel and others of us are homebodies.
Some are vegetarians or vegans and others just love it all.
Some like to garden and others don't - but love the fresh goodies.  Some have pets and others would never want one.
Yet here we are all together.
Humans caring for humans.  I love that.

I think I am an old soul, as I just embrace the older ways and the old ways of thought (old-fashioned).  I am a definite homebody.  I like peace and quiet, and I hate drama and pettiness.  Give me a kitty to snuggle or pet and a porch to sit on, and I am happy!  I do so much in the ways I saw from my parents.
I don't easily embrace technology - I don't trust it AT ALL.

I think we all have much to learn from one another, as we are all individuals with different styles in life and everyday practices.  I think we are very blessed to be acquainted with such a diverse group of people. 
It really is a small world!  No matter where we live on this planet, we still strive for many of the same things.  How cool is that?
I feel blessed that I get to 'know' you all and that we have such a great group.  Thanks for being here each day!

Have a wonderful day no matter what you are doing and always be kind!

3 comments:

  1. I believe we are kindred spirits. Continue to take good care of yourself. Linda T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an old soul, as well. Actually I guess it's because I am getting old...79!! But, I have been retired a long time now and was so happy to get back to being home full-time. I was lucky to be able to stay at home raising my 3 boys for 20 years.
    Love your blog, Cheryl. I am not good at commenting, but read every entry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents always said I was an old soul growing up.
    I do like the old ways best, always have.
    I had a raccoon that tried to open my door years ago. I have door handles not knobs so it was able to pull it down... I had to keep that door locked at all times because he was smart enough to open it and swing it open.
    I have started bringing the cat food in as soon as my outdoor cat is done and putting it out for awhile when she comes to the door and meows...possums and raccoons are smart and once they find unattended food they will keep coming back to the buffet.
    JC

    ReplyDelete