Hello to all, and a happy Thursday to you all. Glad to have you here. Hope this finds you all doing well. It is a sunny and nice morning, and it is going to get HOT again. Yep, the heat is on here in Indiana. Looks like it is going to stick around for a while.
I got up late this morning - ugh! I hate doing that. I woke up and looked at the clock (2 clocks) and it was an hour before my usual time to get up. So laid there, to doze for a few. Then I woke up almost 2 hours later! I haven't overslept that much in years. A few minutes here and there, but never an hour. I will feel behind all day. Bits overslept too! Guess we both needed it.
I remember all of these things! Now a couple of them might be because I had older siblings - but I do remember. I think all but 2 were actually in my life at home. We were done with the party line by the time I came along (but did have that phone in the picture), and we didn't have a Studebaker. All the rest - you bet!
I would get off the bus in early years of high school and go in the hardware and get a dime bottle of cold pop! The old machine you had to bend over and move the pop through channels. Shoot I even had a couple metal ice trays here. My brother loved Blackjack gum - my favorite was Teaberry!!!!
Boone's Farm was my first alcohol drink!!! .98 a bottle if I remember correctly!! LOL
We always had milk delivered when was young.
Yep, I remember the good old days - and they were good to me. I wouldn't mind going back for a bit. It was such a simpler time.
Appropriate time, I said - well today is the annual class of '73 high school birthday party. We get together once a year (an informal type reunion - less people) and celebrate whatever birthday most are at this point. Today the party celebrates 71 years. Many of us are closer to 72 - but that is ok. It is just a nice little gathering (around 75 people) our reunions are huge. OK, the funny part is it starts late afternoon and ends early evening - doesn't that say old???!!!!! LOL
I am just happy to be here and still have so many people around that I grew up with. It is always a fun time to reminisce. I don't get out and go a lot but do enjoy gathering with old friends now and then.
So, are you "older than dirt" too??
Have a wonderful day and remember how blessed you are - no matter your age!
Life is such a gift.

How fun! I hope you have a great time at the reunion. Stay cool.
ReplyDeleteThanks - it will be fun to catch up and visit with all the old folks!!!! LOL
DeleteI remember all those things except Boone's Farm and books with records. My first rollerskates had leather straps like sandals that went on over my shoes. Our phone was older than the one in the picture, and it was on a table in the hall, between the kitchen and the rest of the house - you could hear it ring almost everywhere.
ReplyDeleteA few years ago my nephew brought me a stack of 45's that had belonged to me. My mom had given them to him. I still have them: Fabian, Ricky Nelson, The McGuire Sisters, The Diamonds, The Everly Brothers, Johnny Dee, The Crickets, Fleetwoods, Andy Williams, George Hamilton IV!!! How about that for a trip down memory lane. :D
Yes, older than dirt for sure. :)
Have fun at your reunion.
MaryB
I think my first skates had straps too - over the shoes kind.
DeleteThise are some artists I sure do remember. Oh, Ricky Nelson - just so dreamy!!!! Really liked the Everly Brothers too.
I still have every album that Glen and I both had.
Thanks!
You betcha! What a fun trip down Memory Lane. Cheryl, have a wonderful time at your class reunion!
ReplyDeleteI just love the older memories - fun times for sure.
DeleteThanks - it should be a good time.
I remember my first roller skates they had a key. Mom would let me skate in the house because it had linoleum floors. I am older than dirt, lol. Have a great time at your school birthday party!
ReplyDeleteIndoors would have been a better thing for me - I fell a LOT! Between skates and my bike had a whole lot of scraped up knees all the time! I think I still have scars!!!
DeleteThanks - it should be fun
At seventy-nine, I am most certainly "older than dirt"! Hope you have a good visit at your reunion. Seventy must be the new forty! ha!
ReplyDeleteAnother hot one today! September looks to be a very warm month. Shouldn't moan and kvetch...we won't like snow and ice either.
I think that is kind of what they say - I mean people today do seem to act younger than they did in the past. Look it too - I see pictures of grandma in her 30's and she looks like a very old lady. Thanks.
DeleteYep - it is going to be a hot one. I agree, better than the alternative!
I, too, am older that dirt--80! But, aside from the usual aches and pains, I feel like I am 18! Too bad I didn't know then what I know now!
ReplyDeleteI live about 400 miles from where I grew up and haven't been to many of the reunions. As we got older, they were a lot more fun because no one was trying to impress everyone. Interestingly, each time we got together, somebody would get our grade school class together and take a picture. I believe we were the only school that did this. And, even though I wasn't extremely close to any of these people, they are the ones I enjoyed the most.
Same here - the body has a few aches and pains, but the mind is still YOUNG! Boy, isn't that the truth - knowing then what we know now.
DeleteWe always have pictures each year for events and even luncheons. That is fun. My grade school gals and I get together for lunches too - and we still do pics. We just never know from one event to the next who might be gone. Sad to say - but true.
I am indeed older than dirt! I remember all of those even though we never had a party line, or used butch wax (all girl family with a bald dad)
ReplyDelete