Well here we are in a new month, albeit a shorter month. We are supposed to gain over an hour on sunlight this month! YAY!
It seems that we are finally getting a little more sunshine in our daily lives here. January is always such a cloudy month. I always feel so much better when the sun is shining.
Our temps have ranged from decent to cold this week. I see many are headed for another nasty weather week. I feel for you. We really haven't had winter here. The next few days will be above normal with rain. I will take rain over snow any time in Feb.
My frugal week:
- Doing more de-cluttering. It just never ends - we have soooooo much stuff!
- I ran errands all together to save on gas this week
- I used the bits of candle at the bottom of a jar (I loved the smell) in my melt pot - not wanting to waste the lovely scent
- I ran across our old Dirt Devil dust buster. (small hand held). It had a broken belt. I ran to the vacuum store and got a new one for $3. Sure makes it handy to clean up little messes, not having to get out the big vacuum.
- Came home and realized I had no bags for the dust buster (never even thought of that). I checked my stash of bags and found some larger ones for a full size Dirt Devil we NO longer even have. I got creative and cut the bag down (it fastened to cleaner the same way for both) - stapled and duct taped it at bottom. Now I have a new bag and another one for later!
- Aired all my tires up for FREE
- Stopped at Kroger to look at clearance. I got 6 full size Colgate tooth paste for .49 each, and 2 - 8 packs of select-a-size Viva towels for 2.99 each! (That will last us a couple years). I CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME UNDERSTAND WHY THEY CLEARANCE THAT STUFF OUT! (They say they want NO back stock). Crazy!!!!! My gain!
- I have Roman shades on 2 front windows. One hasn't rolled evenly for ages. I moved furniture and got in there and fixed it! Now all rolls up fine.
- G did our taxes here at home. We owe - but not a bunch.
- Stopped at Marsh while out. Ground beef was on sale for 1.99/lb. My freezer stash is getting lower - as I haven't bought any in ages. I had a coupon for $5 off $20 - so I bought $20 worth of ground beef for $15 (making it about 1.33/lb.)
- Other than toothpaste, paper towels, and ground beef - NO groceries bought.
Meals this week:
Cheesy Harvest potatoes and chicken strips
Cheesy potatoes, fried Spam, and salad
Beanie wienies and potato chips and dip
Beef and veggies served over rice
'Unstuffed cabbage roll' skillet dinner
Leftover cabbage and jalapeno burgers
How was your week? What have you all been up to? Give us a shout out!
I have Spring cleaning and Spring on my mind. I love seeing the world come back to life.
Wishing you all a great and frugal week. Hope to hear from you.
Blessings to all.