I also love all the ideas I get watching the tiny house shows. They have so many creative storage and decorating ideas.
I can't imagine hiring a designer to decorate my house. First, it is their ideas - not yours. Second, it costs a fortune. Third, what fun would it be?
There are so many ways to change out your décor for little or no money. I know in the spring, lot's of us get antsy and want to change things up a bit.
Here are a few inexpensive ideas.
- Paint - just painting a room can change the whole feeling of the atmosphere
- Sheets - can be turned into curtains, pillows, valances, and furniture coverings. Think outside the box
- Quilts - repurpose into throws, window coverings, pillows, etc. (I would use quilts that have worn spots)
- Towels, cotton hankies - great for cute valances
- Make your own art work. Use and frame things kids have made. Use old vintage jewelry in new ways. Frame newspapers from special occasions. Frame the fronts of pretty holiday cards for holiday décor.
- Sweaters/shirts - they make cute pillows. Can be yours or bought for pennies at thrift stores
- Frames - love the look of frames in frames. They can be painted the same color - or use a variety.
- Flowers and leaves can be turned into art
- Baskets, crates, ladders, benches, etc. can be turned into neat décor ideas and great storage.
- Vintage linens are wonderful repurposed
- Family pictures - an inexpensive way to decorate (color, black & white, sepia)
- Antiques - items from family. Having your heirlooms out to see is great
As spring comes in, think about changing things up in your home. Use what you have, and also check out yard sales and thrift stores. There are so many cool ideas on Pinterest.
Doing a bit of re-decorating is a good way to work on de-cluttering as well! Get rid of what you don't LOVE any more!
You guys might want to check out reader, Nancy's new home, on her blog Cozy Thyme Cottage. There is a link on the right of my page. She has some really cute ideas she has implemented in her new home, using vintage items she had.
Her blog posts of January 22 and 29 show some of her decorating.
What neat things have you repurposed for your decorating? Any neat ideas we should try?
REDUCE, RE-USE AND RECYCLE are great words and ideas for decorating as well.