What a week! I am very happy to say this past week is now in the history books. It was difficult on many levels.
I went and said my final 'earthly' goodbyes to my friend Carol.
I said goodbye to one of my babies who took the journey over the Rainbow Bridge.
I spent time at the hospital this week with one of my adult nephews, who had a 5 hour spinal surgery. He is now home recovering.
It has been a stressful week for sure.
Our weather has been lovely. It has gotten warmer by the day. We are to be on the 60's and 70's all week long. I am sure there may be some harsh weather yet - but with each passing day we are closer and closer to spring. I am loving the amount of daylight that we are now experiencing.
Daffodil greens are up about 4", lilies are popping through the ground, peonies are peeking out, the earth will be jumping back to life soon.
I am seeing more and more robins in the yard too. That's a sure sign of spring in these parts! We have been enjoying watching the finches take baths in the bird bath. So cute!
The squirrels are a hoot!!! They must have spring fever - as they are jumping, frolicking and playing like crazy.
Not much happening this week:
- While out one day I did stop at the Christian thrift store. I got 2 bags of stale seeded rolls for the birds and squirrels for FREE
- I also bought a brand new looking pair of Lee jeans there for 99 cents
- I found 4 bags of holiday marshmallows on sale 2/$1 - I will dehydrate this week (to use in cereal)
- Have actually accomplished a little yard work
- Saved the green cap from a jar of parm cheese. Will re-use it on one of my Mason jars.
- Just doing all the normal everyday things
- DVRing some movies this weekend, as we have FREE premium channels again for 3 days.
- Heat off most of the time, and doors open for fresh air.
A very small pot of stew
Chicken casserole (made like tuna only using chicken) - 2X
Ate all leftovers one night - just odds and ends
McDonalds - (I bad) didn't feel like cooking at all
Poor man's Swiss steak with mashed potatoes - (big burgers smothered in veggie/beef soup)
How was your week?
Did you stay on the frugal bandwagon? It is tough some weeks, as unexpected expenses come up - but that is why we are frugal the rest of the time! Don't beat yourself up if you had set-backs.
Thank you all so much for your kind words this past week - you really lifted my spirits.
May this coming week be filled with blessings, health and happiness for each of you.