WOW, I can't believe another week has passed by. This month is almost over, meaning the year will officially be half over. Time sure has been flying.
Momma used to tell me, the older you get, the quicker the years go. I thought she was crazy. SORRY MOMMA!!!! She sure was right.
My frugal happenings this week;
* Got all my tomatoes tied up, along with the volunteer plants which are really growing.
* Picked basil, jalapenos, lettuce, onions, a few berries, and a couple cukes, 2 big bell peppers and 10 zucchini!!!!
* Had a couple nice days to do laundry and line dry!! Used the dehumidifier water in the laundry.
* "Bought" a 14 day supply of Prilosec (10.79) for FREE! Had a coupon for free in the mail.
* Mended 3 pairs of jeans
* Downloaded 14 FREE cookbooks on my tablet. Over 4,000 pages of recipes for all occasions.
* All meals made from scratch. No take out at all this week.
* Using as much produce from the garden as possible for meals.
* Reading some new blogs for canning ideas.
* Today is day 3 of no AC!! Woohoo! Such a nice electrical break. Love the fresh air.
I am officially in my "Bubba" (Gump) frame of mind now. Instead of shrimp - my food of choice is zucchini. Fried zucchini, baked zucchini, zucchini jam, zucchini pickles.........................you name it!
Zucchini seems to take on the flavor of whatever you put it in - so I use it many times a week when in season.
What exciting (or not) things did you do this week to save a little and stay on track?
Have a great week ahead.