Much of mine has been the usual stuff. That is fine with me, as I'd rather be accused of living a boring life, than one filled with all the drama that I see some folks have!
This weeks frugals were;
- AC off at least half of the week. Should be off most of next week as well. Getting some lovely fall temps here.
- Still picking (veggies) and grinning!! Garden is really starting to slow down.
- Froze 5 quarts of beans, made 5 quarts of kraut, 6 quarts of grape juice, 6 quarts of garden/cabbage soup and 4 pints (for gifts), and 6 pints of salsa
- Bought NO groceries at all this week.
- Most meals at home, and did a few different things. Baked potato night, breakfast for dinner, freezer leftovers (turkey & broth) made into turkey and noodles, catch all casserole. Did order Chinese last night (first time in 2 months) and it will be dinner again tonight. G had a real craving for it.
- Line dried laundry 2 days
- Watered when needed from the rain barrels.
- Dried more herbs from the yard
Not frugal, but I did save (at least for the time being) 3 birds this week. They couldn't fly and I was afraid the cats would get them (could be why they couldn't fly!) or the dogs next door would get them. I caught and moved them many doors down, where no one has pets for several houses. Maybe they will heal and fly again - I hope so. They didn't look damaged, and could get about a foot in the air. Just call me the "animal whisperer"! LOL
I do love me some nature!
What have you all been up too? Please share your tips and ideas and ways.
Have a great one!
May the Lord bless you all in this coming week.