Sorry I have been AWOL this week. I had another week that didn't go as planned! We all know what they say about "the best laid plans".
We have finally had a week with no rain. I have been using rain water from the barrels for the plants.
NO I still haven't managed to wrangle that darn old groundhog - it is one smart animal. I have caught 2 opossums and have taken them to the woods for release. Oh, I also caught one of my kitties! She wasn't happy. I had bought a bigger trap - and she was curious - OOPSY! I found her pretty quick. She walks way around it now! Lesson learned.
My frugal happenings this week other than normal things were;
- Line drying laundry again - gee I love the smell
- I canned 11 pints of pickles (bread & butter and kosher) from brine that I had left over from last week. I used some of the misshaped cukes for this. Pints will make nice gifts this holiday season.
- Picking and using LOTS of garden produce. Sharing it as well.
- I did a sewing project for my brother - he was thrilled with the results
- I managed to take advantage of a good sale at Kroger this week. Got 5 jars of JIF peanut butter for .99/jar for the stockpile. I also found 5 - 1 lb. boxes of big name pasta on clearance for .49/box. Use date of 2017!
- I did buy a larger trap for $26, but it will last a lifetime.
- Stayed home 5 days. No money or gas spent/used.
I sure do love those things - they are like candy to me. I can't pass the bowl without grabbing 2 or 6 to eat!!
I hope you all have a wonderfully productive and safe week.