We woke this morning to very cool temps (47*). Yesterday had highs in the 60's and today might get to 70 (but sunny), then we start getting back to normal this next week. You folks out East get ready, as you will be getting a couple cool days this week.
I am actually loving the weather. It has made for great sleeping, and no heat and no AC. This is my favorite type of weather.
I know many had a short work week and a long weekend, so I hope your week was good. Now that we are 'officially - unofficially' into fall, it's time to start getting all our fall projects done.
What have you been doing this week?
- I am still picking a few fresh veggies - tomatoes (a few), peppers (lots), fall crop lettuce, and a few beans.
- Did a lot of small projects and small maintenance items this week
- Started my fall house cleaning
- Did some yard work, gearing up for end of season - much more to do
- Remade my fall door wreath from items I found in my craft tote. It looks so pretty
- Got some great deals this week between sales and clearance at both Kroger and Fresh Thyme.
- Used an old box of baking soda from the fridge with peroxide (in a paste) for cleaning. Replaced the frig box with some that was past date from the shelf.
Now I am trying to figure out ways to utilize many of them for nice storage. I have already utilized a couple, and coming up with many ideas to make the pantry look pretty! This is kind of a fun project.
My great deals at the stores this week included mainly items for stocking up my pantry.
- Tuna - 2/$1 (24)
- Eckrich smoked sausage - 1.49/pkg. (5)
- Campbell's chunky soup - .99/can (5)
- Speed stick deodorant - .49/ea. (4)
- 4lb. bags of Pinto beans - 1.59/ea. (2 - all they had)
- 5 lb. bag of potatoes - .99
- Gala apples - .47/lb. (8 lbs.)
The apples are for eating. Gala's aren't the best for pies or cobblers, but I may get more to make some crockpot apple butter with. The price can't be beat, that's for sure (except if I could get for Free!)
Did you get any items for your winter stock-up this week? What did you do to save a little money this week? Give us your ideas, as we are all hungry to learn new things.
Guess that's about it for me. I am off to the kitchen to start a nice pot of stuffed pepper soup - YUM.
May God be with you and bless you and yours in this coming week.