Here we are at the last Sunday of the month! A few more days and we will be in October. Thanksgiving is less than 2 months from now and it will be here before you know it!
The weather has gotten very seasonal here - which means cooler. I love it. No AC and no heat! It's perfect in my opinion.
A few trees have started to change color - I imagine it is more noticeable in the country.
I do believe our hummingbirds have flown on to warmer climates. I still have the feeder out, just in case any Northern birds come through - they will need energy and a drink.
My bell pepper plants have a lot of new blooms and several small peppers coming on. I have several side shoot cabbages growing out there, and still have a bunch of green tomatoes hanging.
My frugals this week;
- I did a big stock-up at Sam's Club, my first visit in a year!
- Bought pork loins at Kroger for 1.49/lb. and got 2 for a total of $12. Had the butcher cut them for me (free), and ended up with 24 center cut chops and a package of end pieces to use for soup or something.
- While at Kroger I cleaned up at the clearance section. Got so many great items, dated 2 - 3 years out, at a 70% discount.
- Waxed the kitchen cabinets with product on hand. They look brand new!
- Picked the balance of the squirrel corn. Those little buggers were busy this spring planting. I managed to harvest about the equivalent to $10 worth purchased at the feed store. GO squirrels!
- I did a ton of yard work, getting ready for fall. FREE exercise for sure
- Went to our car/home insurance agent this week with a question, and ended up making some changes. One change will save about $120 every six months of both vehicles, and a mistake they found will bring us a hefty refund! One hour well spent.
- Picked more tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and 1 zucchini
- Hard boiled a doz. eggs for quick and easy breakfast or lunch this week
- Stopped at a yard sale, and found a box (100) of colored file folders. It was brand new and I paid $2!!! They will last us the rest of our lives - LOL.
- Ran to the library. Funny, I have literally hundreds of books here, dozens, downloaded on tablet, and the web at my finger tips, but I get a thrill walking through the aisles and through the stacks of books waiting for one to yell READ ME!! I am sure I am not alone. I got 4.
- Our electric bill this month is .49!!!!! WOOHOO! We are on the budget plan, and because of the mild weather and lack of using the AC we don't have to pay the budget this month!
What did you accomplish or save this week? Please let us know.
God bless each of you and keep you safe through this coming week.