We have had a pretty fair week weather-wise. Many warm days, lots of rain, and some sunshine. I noticed my first daffodil of the season was blooming yesterday and the rest are about to burst open. The forsythia looks like it will be blooming within the next week or so.
The world is coming back to life!!!!
I am a little tired this morning with the time change. Funny how losing just an hours sleep can affect you.
Hard to believe that next Sunday will be the official beginning to Spring! YAY!!! I do think our super nasty weather is gone for the year. I hope so, I washed my winter jackets/coats and put them and my boots away!
My week at a glance:
- Spent a whole day getting my brother in-law home from rehab, and getting all his stuff put away and set up. I was pooped at the end of that day!
- Only used heat a couple mornings - otherwise it has been off.
- Getting lots of fresh air in the house with windows open.
- All meals from scratch
- Used a $25 GC for Kroger to stock-up on non-edible items (mouthwash, shaving stuff, etc.) $0 out of pocket. **SIDE NOTE - After seeing how expensive some items were, G said "can't we make these ourselves out of stuff we have". WOW - I love it when 2 come together and GET IT!!! Yes, yes dear G we can and will in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I got 10 lbs. of cabbage for $2.20 total. We love cabbage, and will use in different ways over the next couple weeks
- Milk at Aldi for 1.49/gal. It has been that price here for over a month!
- I trash picked this week from a neighbor. I noticed stuff put out for trash day in the alley and got a deal. I found and brought home a Little Tikes picnic table and bench set. Perfect condition. I will be using it in a flower garden some where to set plants on. I checked and they run between $65 and $105 on Amazon!!!!!!
- I have a house plant that has grown quite tall over the winter and none of my bamboo stakes were strong enough or long enough to support. Figured I would buy one next week. While working out in the yard I had a major DUH moment. I brought in a nice stick and cut it to length! It's natural and FREE. I can replace easily.
- Gave myself my "spring" pedi!
- My B&D saw came in the mail this week. I can't wait to get out and use it!
We had quite a variety of meals from home this week. We had pizza, spaghetti, 'poor man's' Swiss steak, smoked sausage, cauliflower salad, chicken tenders and hot dogs. Going to make a pot of soup today.
I am truly enjoying this warmer weather we have been having. I have been reading some new blogs I found. Will pass on that info soon.
What did you do frugal this week???
I hope you all have a wonderful week. Stay safe and healthy my friends.
God bless you all.