Oh my, the weather is just delightful in our neck of the woods. I do believe spring/summer has arrived! We are to hit 80* today with blue skies all day.
Slept with the bedroom windows open last night, ceiling fan on, and only a sheet covering me. WOOHOO!
**I found out this week that there will be a Farmer's Market at the park up the street from us on Saturdays starting in May. Never had one that close before.
**Got the dreaded taxes mailed this past week. Then we got the property tax bill in the mail! It's always something.
**Allergies have really flared up this week. I am trying to use herbal 'meds' on them - but it doesn't seem to help much. Will probably go back to regular allergy meds.
I kind of thought the groundhog moved on to greener pastures. Saw it on April 1, then we had 'possum fest' and figured he must of thought it was getting crowed around here! Well, on the 15th, there it was in the yard again. I have a live trap set, so hopefully I can get the bugger!
My frugal week;
- I trash picked this week. I got an expandable plastic baby gate (may use for a trellis), and an approximately 3' x 8' piece of chicken wire.
- I stopped at Hancock Fabrics going out of business sale and got the last bottle of Liquid Stitch they had for 5.99 (reg. 14.99). Not much left there.
- Across the street to Fresh Thyme and got fresh salad veggies and seedless grapes (only groceries I bought)
- Hung laundry out on the line for the first time this season!!!! YAY
- No heat - windows open
- Did lots of yard work - mowing, weeding, working on flower beds, etc. FREE exercise!
- Washing windows and doors with homemade window cleaner
- Made homemade cookies and a cheese ball for snacks
- We did splurge and order Chinese takeout this week - but we got 2 meals each from it
Meals this week were simple. I made chili-mac (like Steak & Shake), and used the leftovers of that the next day to make a casserole (adding peppers and cheese). We did have Chinese for 2 meals. There was homemade pizza and salad night, taco salad night, and chef salad with crispy chicken strips night.
WHAT DID YOU DO FRUGAL THIS WEEK?
May you all have a lovely and healthy week. God's blessings be upon you.
Take care friends.