It's hard to believe that we are already into the fourth month.
It sure doesn't feel like April this morning. It got down into the 20's last night! Our tulips and daffodils have been so pretty and this morning it looks like they are bowing their heads and praying. I don't think praying will help them!
We had rain and more rain this week. Yesterday was horrible with wind. We had 40-50mph sustaining winds then had 60-70mph gusts! It was ridiculous.
It is chilly this morning - but it is a beautiful morning.
The bright golden finches are back at the feeders this week. I actually saw a couple bumble bees, and Mr. Hog (the groundhog) is back. Probably not the same one - but I have already gotten the trap out. I just can't have the cute bugger messing up my garden again this year.
So far I have trapped 4 (not so happy) squirrels, almost one cat - and NO groundhog.
It has been pretty quiet here this week. Nothing exciting to write home about!
- Fixed the handle on the lint trap door on the drier
- The one day I went out I stopped and got another 120 cans of FREE cat food for pantry with my gifted gift card
- Got my oil changed. I always change at 3,000 miles. I was at 2,900 and decided to stop while I was out. The date on my sticker from last change was 11/21/14!!!!! I didn't even drive 3,000 miles in 16 months!!
- Did yard work and mowed. Mowed the triple front lot of the empty house next door too. FREE exercise and helping to keep the neighborhood looking nice.
- Picked several lovely flowers and made up a couple of fresh arrangements for the house
- Bought NO groceries at all
- All meals from scratch and home. Used lots of leftovers into remade meals
- Did more de-cluttering and got rid of 2 more big boxes of stuff to a donation pick-up
Easter I made a whole pork loin and oven baked mac-n-cheese and asparagus fries, we then had mac and pork with salad another dinner. I used some shredded pork and leftover beans and rice from last week in making a big pan on enchiladas - we ate 2 meals from that. I made kraut/pork and mashed potatoes. I made a nice size pot of cream of asparagus soup (heaven!) and we had that 2 nights. I put the last of the pork in the freezer. We ate on the wonderful homemade candy for several days, and made popcorn for snacks at night. It has been quite a frugal week on eating!
Otherwise, I have just been doing all normal day to day stuff we all do. A couple rainy days even made for a nice 'nap' day! That is not something I do often - and it was lovely.
How was your week? Let us know what you have been up to.
May God keep you and bless you in the upcoming week.