It appears we are officially into the fall season. Temps cooled drastically here this week (high mainly in 60's). It looks like we may have a few warmer days this next week - but I think the fall temperatures are here to stay. We have had a lot of rain this past week as well - so some days just felt icky!
I have been working on doing a lot of fall cleaning and more de-cluttering. It is amazing to me how much dust accumulates! We all have those areas that we don't clean weekly - and boy oh boy do they get dusty. The ceiling fans are the worst!!!! YIKES - but they are clean now.
My frugal week:
- NO heat or AC at all
- Mowing and yard work - free exercise
- Bought 12 more packages of .69 mushrooms. I now have 24 packages dehydrated.
- Dehydrated more zucchini
- Froze some shredded zucchini
- Picked a pretty bouquet of roses and New England asters
- Cut G's and my hair
- Went to Kroger ONLY to check out clearance. I got 3 - 2 lb. packs of Ball Park beef franks for 2.25/ea. 3 - 1 lb. packages of Land O Lakes sliced ham for 1.19/ea. 2 packs of hotdog buns for .25/ea. 3 - 64 oz. bottles of Welches grape juice for .99/ea. 6 - 16oz. jars of salsa for .59 ea. (I make salsa, but will use the purchased for cooking)
- Cleaned out my wallet and came across a nice amount of money I had tucked back from gifts I had received (over 3 years back). I decided to buy myself something new!!! I went to Kohl's as they had their long sleeve scoop neck T's on sale for 6.99. I got 7 basic colors and 2 prints. I used a $10 off coupon and received another one! I still have money left (I need to hide it again). ****NOTE - I live in long sleeve T's in the winter and the ones I have are about 6 years old and ready for the rag bin. I am a happy girl!!!
I have been in the mood for soups, cheese and spicy as you will see with this weeks meal plan.
Cheesy potato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
Stew with bread and butter
Chili/cheese dogs and chips
Loaded baked potatoes
Lots of leftovers were used for lunches.
Snacks were birthday cookie, nuts
Have you started getting into the "fall food" mood yet? How was your week and how did you stay frugal? Give us a shout out! I love hearing from you all.
May God bless and keep you in His protective arms in this coming week.
PEACE my friends.