I must apologize for being sort of AWOL this week. It just seems that I got caught up in life and keeping very busy. It was all good, so there is nothing wrong.
I got to take a 'tour' of the house next door that has been remodeled. It is looking very nice, compared to what it was. I had to laugh when I was telling G about it - it's nice, but it 'wouldn't do' for me. I just saw so many things that didn't seem complete in my eyes. I guess we all have our ideals. BUT, it is a world better that it was - the FOR RENT sign is out - so here's hoping for good neighbors!!
Our weather has been so mild for January. Yesterday was 67* and sunny. Sun is something we have been lacking so it was wonderful to see. I aired out the house a bit and turned off any heat.
January seems to be our gloomiest month of the year. At least our daylight hours are getting lengthier!
I noticed yesterday that there are daffodils, lilies and peonies sticking out of the ground by about an inch! Our trees and bushes are getting buds. Those may come to an end by the end of the week, when temps get back to normal.
My frugal week:
- Laundry in cold
- Made flavored coffee for G several times - adding chocolate/caramel candies to coffee and sometimes adding hot chocolate mix to it
- Cut my hair. G passed this time
- bringing up groceries from the basement instead of grocery shopping
- Cooking from scratch
- Checked out all our gift cards (some are old). My oh my they totaled up to $504 of restaurant eating!!!!!! I checked them all out with the restaurants and they are all good. I also came across 8 FREE complete car wash tickets! WOOHOO
- Watching You Tube and DVR'd shows
- I did LOTS and LOTS of small projects. You know those things we all put off even though they would only take 15, 20, 30 minutes to do! I finally did a ton of them!! I felt accomplished.
- I did run to Meijer for cat products (animal and medical items have their own budgets and do not count in grocery). They had 10 lb. bags of cat litter 11/$10! YAY. The cheapest I can normally get 20 lb. bags is $3.29. Nice savings. I also got 72 cans of wet cat food.
- Stopped at Big Lots on a whim. Walked in and found a clearance cart. I got 5 cans refried beans, 4 cans baked beans and 3 boxes of crackers for $4.35!
- I then stopped at the Christian thrift store to check out some FREE bread for the critters. I looked around and found 2 - 70's era Corelle plates. G thinks our "fiestaware like" dishes are too heavy. I got both dishes for a total of $1.07 (includes tax). Perfect for when it's just the 2 of us.
- I have started re-reading the Tightwad Gazette again for the umpteenth time! It always gets my inspired again.
Homemade cheesy/mac/tomato/beef casserole
Leftover casserole and salad
Pork chops, green beans (garden), leftover red beans and rice
Tuna salad sandwiches, chips, and homemade pickles
Homemade veggie fried rice
Leftover rice and steak burgers
Sloppy Joes and oven fries (end of fresh potatoes)
Ate off the apple crisp several times, ate fresh apples with peanut butter, and many gifted items for snacks.
I have a ham going in the oven today and will probably make some sort of dessert.
I plan on doing some crafting in this coming week! That's my plan - generally I go down look at supplies and come back upstairs!! LOL. Sometimes it is just hard to get motivated.
I hope to get back on schedule with the blog this week as well.
How was your week? Did you have any good finds or savings?
What kind of crafting projects have y'all been working on?
Take care my friends. God bless each of you and God bless America!