Funny what a difference a few days make. Monday we were at almost 60* - Tuesday we had 40 mph winds and rain and by Wednesday winter temps were back,
It has been another very quiet week here. It seems that there isn't a lot of news or activity in mid winter at my house! I have many things I need to accomplish - the gray of winter just seems to always win.
My frugal week:
- After all the wind (right at trash collection day) - I walked the alley and did another big clean-up of other peoples trash - UGH!
- Did some yard work and picked up what seemed to be a gazillion sticks and limbs
- I received a bunch of "me" specific coupons from Meijer. I do NOT have an M-perk card - so they obviously track my buying by my credit card use - that is really creepy. (I use credit card to get points and pay-off each month)
- I did spend some money! I ran to the orchard as they are closing in a couple weeks, and they have B1G1 of any size container of apples. I got 20lbs. of apples for the price of 10 lbs. They will last us for a couple months. $14.75 spent. (Pink Lady and Granny Smith)
- While out, I ran to gas station and filled tank. I haven't purchased gas since the end of Nov. I got a .20/gal. discount - $1.95/gal.
- I used what older apples were in the crisper and made a gallette (simple apple pie)
- Filled all the squirrel/bird bins and feeders before the snow hit
- Made tea and cooled outside, laundry in cold, cooking from scratch and using what we have, used all leftovers
- Got lots of FREE exercise this week. Hauling feed bags to bins, walking alley and picking up trash and sticks, shoveling and shoveling snow! I went out several times yesterday to shovel - it was a very wet snow (would have clogged up blower).
Meals this past week:
Mexican chicken over rice
Mex. chicken/pasta/cheese bake
Deconstructed egg rolls and fried rice
Poor mans Swiss steak and mashed potatoes
"Homemade or knock-off" KFC chicken bowls - YUM
Sloppy fries (leftover/frozen sloppy Joe over fries topped with shredded cheese)
Smoked sausage, corn casserole and salad
I will be going back outside in a few minutes to shovel yet again. Probably another inch or two since it was cleared yesterday.
Momma and Fluffy sure don't like the snow! They walk out of greenhouse and look around as if saying "what the....." They shake paws as they walk. Human Mommy has made many paths to areas for them to go potty - I mean who wants to "sit" in a snow pile! LOL
I really need to get my bum in gear and really accomplish some things. The dismal skies just do me in! I do believe I am definitely affected by S.A.D.
What have you been doing to stay frugal this week? How are you doing on spending? De-cluttering or crafts?
I pray you are all safe and warm. I thank you all for visiting and that we can all be friends and confidants. May you be blessed in many ways in this coming week.
Blessings from our humble home to yours.