I wonder how often (if ever) he is right!!
Well, it will seem like spring here, for a couple days. There is this glowing happening outside - such an odd sight - OH it's the SUN!!!!!!! YAY!!!! My goodness I have missed my dear old friend the sun. Today and tomorrow is supposed to get near 60*. How lovely. The chill returns - winter isn't done yet. If the groundhog came out here today, he would definitely see his shadow!
January was warmer than usual, but it sure was wet and dreary. I am so tired of gloomy and dreary days. I need sun - it makes me happy and changes my mood so much.
Yesterday I went out and shooshed off TWO big hawks from the yard. They must think this is their all you can eat food bar! So many little birds. They flew pretty far off as I watched, and soon the other birds came back to eat. Nature sure is amazing. I don't always like the results - but each creature has a purpose.
- I cut my hair. My goodness did it grow a lot in the past 5 or 6 weeks
- I did a quick color job. It cost me about .53!! I used one third of a box of dye I got on clearance for 1.59 quite some time ago.
- I changed the furnace filter - as I forgot to do that on Jan.1. Had it on hand
- I did get to my appointment at Social Security office and got that all finalized!!!!! YAY. I should start receiving funds within the next 30 days. (**I have not forgotten - I need to do a post on all of this AND on preparing for the unthinkable).
- Dropped off a few items at church thrift store (not 20 this week). At least I got more out of the house
- I received a 2 lb. bag of rice and some old grain bread (for birds) FREE at the thrift store
- I did run to Kroger and got a little salad stuff and some fruit. All in all I think I actually spent less than $30 on people food in the month of January. YES, I did get squirrel corn and some special cat foods, but I did really well on low spend.
My FREE rice and peppers in the .99 bag. Peppers were advertised for $1 each and I got 2 in the .99 bags. Winner!!!!!
- Made up new bottles of shampoo and dish soap
- All meals from home, cooking from scratch, using pantry and freezer foods, drinking water, keeping heat down, still working on cleaning and de-clutter, ect.
Meals this past week:
Burger on Italian bread (from freezer)
Chicken strips wrapped in tortillas w/ranch
Turkey rice veggie soup (from freezer)
Scrambled eggs, patty sausage and toast
Chopped steak, Rice a Roni (home mix) and olives
Tuna salad with peas over lettuce and crackers
Small Chef salad and banana milk shake
I realized this week that this is the first time in Coogy's life that he hasn't lived with another cat. It's him and I. He sure is sticking close and gets in the window and watches when I go outside. He loves to cuddle. I wake up to all kinds of toys next to and in the bed each morning!!!! He brings them all to me. Such a sweet big boy.
Coog and just part of his toys! He has a basket full and he loves playing with them all!!!!!
How was your week/month? Did you do good on low spend, if playing along? I think I will definitely be on track to do this again in February. You can't even tell I made a difference in my supplies.
How is your 2020 project going? I am trying to keep up with de-cluttering. Didn't do 20 this week - but will definitely make up for that in future weeks.
I wish you all a wonderful new month full of happiness and health. New beginnings - new starts - each and every day!
Stay safe and stay frugal my friends.
Blessings to you all from my humble little home to yours.